Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya fellas. New owner. I bought this machine based on a few things. Rigid frame and suspension geometry. A properly set up suspension at 112 hp will smoke a turbo of any make with stock boingers. Period. Cab size and comfort. Cargo bed size. Stock bead locks. No need for a spare. Cvt temp gauge. Yup. I know it’s downfalls. It’s the 80 20 rule. 80% you like and 20% is bleh. I know it needs a higher top end speed. My Rzr would do 80 plus. This one is going to struggle at 70. I know, who needs to go that fast? My rzr had 11240 miles on it at time of demise. It had according to the hour meter an average speed of almost 24 mph. Check yours. Lol. Mileage divided by hours. Right now I’m waiting on parts. I kind of held back this time and limited my shopping list but a bunch of stuff is hard to get due to the Kung flu. I’m in Boise Idaho and dig it when people show up from out of state to ride. Hit me up with any suggestions or hints on accessories!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hiya Outrun. I got the blue car. It's first trip out was yesterday. Unloaded from the trailer with three miles on it. The first 8 miles I was wodering how I was going to sell it and get myself out of this underpowered pile of crap. I was severely disappointed to say the least. So I'm looking at the gauges figuring out all the icons and info and I notice a power L right in the middle.....well DUH!

120 MILES later i was smiling. Dust was choker yesterday so that will need addressed but overall I was very pleased with it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't ride the Owyhees out of Murphy anymore. Too crowded. Yesterday's run was Blacks Creek to The Trinity lakes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
35's.....I think I'll see how these tires wear and if they don't hold up, I'll take a close look at the st320's.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I don't ride the Owyhees out of Murphy anymore. Too crowded. Yesterday's run was Blacks Creek to The Trinity lakes.
I must be lucky. Only see another rider or 2 every time I'm out there.
35's.....I think I'll see how these tires wear and if they don't hold up, I'll take a close look at the st320's.
There is 6 of us in the area. Didn't have much luck with the 31s. YMMV.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's something. Did they wear out or puncture? The 14 inch carnivores are doing great on the Polaris pros. Maybe a difference in size? What did you put on your car to replace them?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You're living in good country. One of my must do's next year is to figure out the route from GV to Cascade. I haven't done that yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is a great place to live, no good rock crawling but endless trails and views. I haven't gone to Cascade from here yet, just to Smith's Ferry for breakfast and lunch at Cougar Mountain Lodge.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can get from Cougar Mt to cascade. We will have to take a ride next spring and you can show me that section from Crouch to Smiths Ferry.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts