Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I recently moved to AK from AZ. Ya I know, WHY THE "F" would anyone do that. Well, it is amazingly awesome here and I am tired of the heat. Anywho, I sold my 2018 RZR XP4 Turbo 1000 due to not being able to fit it into the trailer of stuff that we brought up. I had planned on buying an RMAX but getting your hands on one of those is like finding the money tree in the woods. So, browsing the List of Craig's I found a 2021 KRX 1000 Special Edition that a guy bought in Feb of 21 and then lost his job after only abusing it a few times. I got a SMOKIN deal on is and brought it home. Well, after finding some KRX tires to replace the flat it had we were able to finally take it out and play. DAMN, what a BEAST this machine is.
Anyway, I have been around the wheelin world for MANY years and the SXS world for about 3 so not really the FNG, just new to the KRX.
My car is bone stock with nothing but what came with it so I will be working on finding a place of business to get a low profile roof, glass windshield with electric wiper and a gated shifter and whatever else I might "NEED" for the car.
I look forward to BS'ing with you guys and maybe even meet a few to ride with up here in AK.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Welcome to the beast clan.

AllthingzUTV tender springs should be on your buy list to regain ground clearance due to sag, as well as Click 6 retractable harnesses.

A Vforce John tune really wakes it up too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the beast clan.

AllthingzUTV tender springs should be on your buy list to regain ground clearance due to sag, as well as Click 6 retractable harnesses.

A Vforce John tune really wakes it up too.
Sweet, thanks for the tips. I am hoping to find a place to get everything from so we can build a pallet and ship it slow boat. Nothing ships fast or cheap to Alaska so a bulk buy is the best way. Lol.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Definitely look to RCOR or AllThingzUTV for tender springs when yours start to sag, and they will. Not sure about a good glass windshield with an electric wiper, but Dirt Warriors makes an outstanding one with a huge lower vent and a manual wiper.
Personally, I would avoid a tune for the longevity of your engine. Tunes seem to be a bit hard on these, with many folks burning pistons.

Kawasaki KRX 1000 Front Glass Windshield +

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet I will look into those for sure. I am pretty impressed for a non turbo machine so far but once I get a larger tire it might make a bigger difference to tune it.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Dirt warrior makes a nice windshield if you need venting for warm days but it DOES limit your view, I ran one on my other KRX, but I love the more visibility the factory windshield provides with wiper/squirter.

·
Registered
2020 krx 1000. 35" System 3 xtr370's.
33 Posts
Welcome aboard! I tend to surf for products between rocky mountain atv, super atv, right coast off road, and maybe ebay for hard to find products. Lot's of guys like different stuff. Mine is clutched, new tenders, 35" system 3 370's, a half windshield, and an old ipad I mounted with RAM mounts (using Gaia GPS app), and a black ops 4500 winch. Most of the stuff i had an idea for, but this site has plenty of good folks with great info on their experience with different stuff. Sometimes I've stuck with what I wanted, other times it totally changed my mind. Enjoy!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dirt warrior makes a nice windshield if you need venting for warm days but it DOES limit your view, I ran one on my other KRX, but I love the more visibility the factory windshield provides with wiper/squirter.
We don’t get many “WARM” days up here but then again, 75 feels like your face is gonna melt off. LOL. I had a glass windshield on the RZR we had in AZ and LOVED it except in the summer when we were roasting.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was looking at the hard enclosure kit and windshield from deranged off road. I like the hard door uppers to keep all the mud out as well as maybe even keep us from getting frostbite in the winter. Anyone ever seen one of these in person?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
LOL With the vents open on the Dirt Warriors windshield, very little of your view is actually blocked off. Rock crawling is my thing and I need all the forward view I can get. I can see the hood, the front bumper and the ground directly in front of me with the vents open. Not sure how that is considered "limiting" your view, but the only thing actually blocking any of the view is the thin strip separating the windshield from the vents. Really nothing blocking your forward view. Do you maybe have to move your head every now and then? Sure. Is there a better glass, ventilated windshield available? Nope, not that I've seen. Without the massive vents it will be HOT! as you know. Guess it just depends on what you consider a "limited" forward view. 😄

Some examples

Short clip
View through the windshield

·
Registered
40 Posts
I looked hard at Dirt Warrior but went with KQR full glass windshield for full visibility & also went with factory windshield wiper/washer kit. As far as getting air flow on me. I will be installing the Tusk wing vent kit. Best price I could find on the windshield & wiper kit was Rocky Mountain. Bought windshield one day then used my RM cash a couple days later to help buy the wiper/washer kit. Just waiting for the wing vent kit to come back in stock now. Then I'll use my RM cash I received from wiper kit to help buy the wing vent kit.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
LOL. Good luck with the wing vents. Hopefully you get a little air flow with them. (y)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the Kawi full glass windshield and wiper/washer kit. I was in ordering new side body panels to replace the broken ones that were on the machine when I bought it and said the heck with it. All parts will be in next week they say. Now all I need to do is find an aluminum roof that does NOT add any height to the machine that will ship here for a decent price and I am all set. Woot Woot. Next thread to be pics in the woods.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts