Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Blue
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I opted to put a smaller fire extinguisher in the cab between the seats. Made a bracket out of aluminum, drilled some holes and used M6x1x20mm pan head screws to attach it to the panel that covers the rollover valve. Won't get clogged with mud or be out in the elements. Nor will it get knocked off or lost and it's easily accessible.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I run this set-up on my rear roll bar above the storage box.........it's rock solid and easy access for someone else who doesn't know you have one hidden between the seats. I also carry one in the "cup holder" on the passenger door.

·
Registered
Las Vegas, NV
176 Posts
I opted to put my fire extinguisher in the cab between the seats. Made a bracket out of aluminum, drilled some holes and used M6x1x20mm pan head screws to attach it to the panel that covers the rollover valve. Won't get clogged with mud or be out in the elements. Nor will it get knocked off or lost and it's easily accessible by driver or passenger.
View attachment 5723
View attachment 5724

Nice work. Just at one of these on each side.

Attachments

·
Registered
701 Posts
Nice install!

An in cab extinguisher is a good idea. We have a small one in the passenger door cup holder thingie in addition to a cage mount. You never know when you will need it. A handy extinguisher saved my house a number of years ago when my dumb stupid tired self made an almost fatal mistake. Left a lighter fluid container on top of the wood stove after a long tiring snowplowing session. Can you say great balls of fire? 🙄

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
I really hate seeing those in the doors. Better hope you have a helmet on if you tumble. I much prefer mine in a solid mount. Everyone should be carrying one on board somewhere.
Mine is mounted in a secure, well protected position yet easy to see and get to in a hurry if needed.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 eS “Rocky” 2021 KRX 1000 eS “Double Vision”
151 Posts
Nice mount! One inside and one outside. When you need an extinguisher you don’t want to be looking for one or struggling to get to it.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
Bob what are those rear mud flaps you run forward of the rear wheels? Rock Blox?
Yup. Rokblokz they are. Very impressed with them. They have been folded up flat against the trailing arms countless times sliding over rocks. Hooked them in the rear channel of my trailer backing off without the ramps and folded them up in all sorts of ways. Got it off the trailer and they went right back into their normal shape. You can buy replacement flaps for them if you ever somehow tear them up.
Sliding over the rocks

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
Hey bob unfamiliar with these rear flaps. What kind of coverage do they offer? Is it for spinning tires in reverse? Curious. Thanks
View attachment 5738
They are to keep rocks, mud and dirt from front wheel roost from being thrown up into your rear wheels to protect the inside of your wheels and brakes/brake calipers. They protect your lower shock from front wheel roost as well if you don't have guards on them like the ones Kawasaki puts on from the factory.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I really hate seeing those in the doors. Better hope you have a helmet on if you tumble. I much prefer mine in a solid mount.
Very good point! Since the photo was taken several months ago the door extinguisher has been secured to the tubular frame part of the door with a #600 NRS strap. In fact, everything of any mass in the cab, including stuff behind the seats is strapped down. Not perfect set up, but better than pants on fire and a blank look. The #5 bottle behind drivers head on bar is a quick release.

·
Registered
2021 Blue
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
One inside and one outside.
Always a good idea. The inside one is a 5-B:C Auto/Marine. The 10-B:C A/M and first aid kit is in the cargo box. I ride solo, if that changed I'd want to get the larger one out on the cage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts