Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got out for a ride over the long weekend. It was great to get out on the trails and terrible to see how little snow we currently have in the high country. Normally this time of year will provide tons of opportunities to get stuck in the deep snow. There was zero chance of getting stuck Saturday. :(

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Had to stop and show off a little on the way back down to the truck. :ROFLMAO:
Crawled right up and had all four tires on the ground. Even had to turn around and climb up the vertical face after the other two took their shot at it. The 900 rzr never had a chance. He would have flopped right over if he kept going. I know this for a fact since I saw a guy do that a couple years ago on this very rock. The orange 1000 rzr actually surprised me a little. He was almost on top before his front tire came off the ground a few inch's. Not sure if he would have had much luck on the vertical face with hoe Polaris clutching works.

New video by Bob Laws

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This shows why I'm not real concerned about disconnecting my rear sway bar. It is connected but doesn't really do a whole lot. Still going to try it sometime just to see...;)

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice pictures Bob!

Sorry if I missed it but your front is disconnected correct?
That is correct. I disconnected it less than a week after buying it. It has no business being on this machine. :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
That is correct. I disconnected it less than a week after buying it. It has no business being on this machine. :)
I thought so. I too will be doing mine this weekend... seems like there is a lot of people running the front disconnected on here but the general consensus is the back isn't worth it.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought so. I too will be doing mine this weekend... seems like there is a lot of people running the front disconnected on here but the general consensus is the back isn't worth it.
Yeah, you can see in my last picture above that the rear bar really doesn't limit individual wheel travel much at all. It's a small bar mounted at about the 1/3 point on the trailing arm. Way more leverage on the arm than what the bar can control. I believe it is only there to meet regulations, ie: eye candy for the government hacks.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I finally got some ride time in too @BobX2 . Much needed
Yeah man. That was basically the first time I've had it out since I got home from South Dakota in July. :( I took the atv's out for Labor Day weekend.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I got tired of riding after second season because the road hunters made the local trails look like I25 at 5 in the afternoon. Figured it'd be cold and snowy after 4th season and it's in the hi 60s and perfect weather. Going out tomorrow with the kids and grandkids for sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts