Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have a review or feed back on the factory fender flares? Or does anyone know of a aftermarket source even mud flaps would be nice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I bit the bullet and bought the flares, definitely a good investment, keeps the mud off my wife’s face. Worth the cash.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got a pic or two? How's the sight line to the driver tire?
I was a little worried about the sight line when I was installing, but after a 4 hr test ride in the N GA mountains really no issues at all getting through some very technical trails. It does feel bigger from the cock pit definitely I little harder to get lined up on the trailer, but the cab stays much cleaner hopefully my wife or daughter won’t get hit in the face with mud or rocks.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Those look good! Yeah, don't want to piss off the person you had to convince in the first place to get your toy. Good call!

·
Registered
6 Posts
JDawg, Did you have trouble removing the screw inside the door well? It is WAY harder getting these things on than for !!the guy in the installation video !!

·
Registered
13 Posts
JDawg, my question exactly. I sweated over that frigg’n screw for 30 minutes before I gave up. I used a phillips screw driver with a right angle on it. Not the most expensive tool. What did you use? I’m thinking About trying to take the door off. Any hints a gratefully accepted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just cut the screw off with a hacksaw (after cutting plastic away from the old flares to expose the screw head). Then I reamed the hole out a little bit with a drill bit and used a push pin plug to attach the new flare. Works fine but you do mess up the old flare which is getting replaced anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just cut the screw off with a hacksaw (after cutting plastic away from the old flares to expose the screw head). Then I reamed the hole out a little bit with a drill bit and used a push pin plug to attach the new flare. Works fine but you do mess up the old flare which is getting replaced anyway.
I had the same problem until I used penetrating oil and worked the screw in and out backing it out a little more each time. It was a PAIN but I finally got it out of both sides! I used a screw gun with a LONG bit.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I installed the flares..
Simplest way I found was to take entire door panels off, both inside and out, it's 2 parts. You will have to install back the door opening mechanism rod, so pay attention, or install one door at a time, and flare, so u will have a reference.

Once door panels off, use pressure to back out screw, otherwise like everyone it just spins in place without backing out which is the worst of all issue..

Good luck, but honestly take door panels off save ya some serious time and trouble.

Any one have a review or feed back on the factory fender flares? Or does anyone know of a aftermarket source even mud flaps would be nice.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yep, I concur with Mike Davis1107. I didn't completely take off the panels, but separated them like a clam shell, stuck an inverted impact drill down the middle, and zipped those screws right out!

·
Registered
2020 white KRX 1000
81 Posts

I just finished installing 3 of my Kawi wide fender flares along with the rear bumper. I only got to install 3 because they sent 2 for the drivers rear and left the passenger side rear flare out. Hopefully it will get resolved soon. I purchased them through rockymountainatvmc. For the “go to hell” bolt, I just shut the doors and used a Phillips screwdriver without too much hassle.

·
Registered
299 Posts
View attachment 377 View attachment 378 View attachment 379

I just finished installing 3 of my Kawi wide fender flares along with the rear bumper. I only got to install 3 because they sent 2 for the drivers rear and left the passenger side rear flare out. Hopefully it will get resolved soon. I purchased them through rockymountainatvmc. For the “go to hell” bolt, I just shut the doors and used a Phillips screwdriver without too much hassle.
wild. I thought was just me, I didn't get passenger side front in my box...lol. Had to wait and get it later on so not sure whom is in charge in that area of packaging..

I just took all door panels apart, wasn't to bad.

·
Registered
157 Posts
wild. I thought was just me, I didn't get passenger side front in my box...lol. Had to wait and get it later on so not sure whom is in charge in that area of packaging..

I just took all door panels apart, wasn't to bad.
Wow, someone isn't paying attention when putting together the flares.

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
341 Posts
View attachment 377 View attachment 378 View attachment 379

What tires are those I like them don’t look to aggressive like the carnivores

·
Registered
12 Posts
There awesome... keeps the mud out of the cab. Only draw back is you lose visibility to the front tires, but well worth the investment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
JDawg, Did you have trouble removing the screw inside the door well? It is WAY harder getting these things on than for !!the guy in the installation video !!
A long #2 phillips and the door open at the perfect angle and alot of pressure, I was able to remove and install back both screws in door jamb.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts