Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone with the Factory Heater have their defrost vents stop blowing air? My floor vents and dash vents switch between both and blow fine. I'm guessing there is a solenoid that switching air direction valving, and mine might be stuck or something. I pulled the upper center dash panel and all duct work is attached. New system only a month old, dealer installed. Anyone have this happen before and what was the fix?

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 eS “Rocky” 2021 KRX 1000 eS “Double Vision”
151 Posts
Following. My heaters just arrived and I have yet to install them. Curious what you find out. Hopefully something minor that can be addressed during installation. Although mass production sometimes yields bad parts right from the factory.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might have the dealer install the heater kit, the WHOLE dashboard has to come out and I hear it's a PITA.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I’ve already had the whole car apart quite a few different times installing accessories and wiring. It’s not terrible just time consuming trying to not scratch or dent the plastics too much pulling the push pins and removing them. The passenger grab bar adjustment knob was a PITA to reinstall though. I wanted to call Kawi and ask wtf while I was standing on my head trying to reinstall it. That’s why the wife’s is only going to be taken apart once and done at the same time when all the parts finally arrive.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I hear you. The dealer around here is slow though. Then Covid happened and now it’s even worse. Allegedly they only have 1 tech right now so getting anything done with them takes forever. Then it’s not appointment based but first come first serve so you may wait weeks just for a diagnosis. Pay too much money to have it sitting in someone’s garage or worse in their yard for weeks waiting to get looked at. Heard a couple of stories of missing parts off machines sitting at the dealership too long. Seat time is were my value is at. A couple hours and a few sodas and I can be looking at whatever I need to on the buggy. Especially something that is already installed. Easy peasy imo 😎

·
Registered
151 Posts
dealer time is 3 hours, so that mean 8 hours layman time.

😂😂😂 Never seen that layman conversion before. I usually take half the time away as dealers usually take extra time that I wouldn’t for the extra money. Even at 8 hours I’m riding again later that day or the next. Not waiting weeks for a dealer with no seat time.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Still need to fix my problem though!

My dealer I bought machine from is pretty responsive and quick. They better be for the money I've spent there!
I hear that! I’ve been burning them Benji’s! I did talk the dealership into 20% off all the parts when I bought the first buggy then 25% off all the parts on the second buggy to install them myself due to both dealerships being short handed. I was happy with that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My time is worth more to me to just have the dealer do it. Did I mention it's a PITA!!!!!!!!!!!
Your time isn’t worth worth more then dealer rates- do it yourself and do it right. Now you paid them to do it- it don’t work and you get to tow it up there and leave it……how much is that worth? Do all of your own work on accessories - dealer is just for warranty on clutches, one way etc…..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts