Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, Shock Therapy, CageWRX Sport cage, 33" System 3 RT320's
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are my factory clutch weights at 1050 miles.

The shifting gears feeling started at around 700 miles, and has gotten progressively worse. I got my RCOR clutch weights in today and got them installed. I went ahead and changed the belt out while I was in there, so I haven't had a chance to rip it hard yet. It feels really good at low speeds, but until I get the new belt broke in I can't romp on it.

Point is, look at the horribly worn factory weights I pulled out! This is unacceptable and I'm going to contact Kawasaki to register a complaint.

Btw, Josh at RCOR was fantastic, they had the weights and belt in stock and in my hands in under a week, thanks Josh!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,382 Posts
These are my factory clutch weights at 1050 miles.
View attachment 4023 View attachment 4024

The shifting gears feeling started at around 700 miles, and has gotten progressively worse. I got my RCOR clutch weights in today and got them installed. I went ahead and changed the belt out while I was in there, so I haven't had a chance to rip it hard yet. It feels really good at low speeds, but until I get the new belt broke in I can't romp on it.

Point is, look at the horribly worn factory weights I pulled out! This is unacceptable and I'm going to contact Kawasaki to register a complaint.

Btw, Josh at RCOR was fantastic, they had the weights and belt in stock and in my hands in under a week, thanks Josh!
Did yours happen to make noise at around 39-40 mph? My weights were exactly like that but my rollers were ceased up also. Dealer says that’s where the noises are coming from. We shall see.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,382 Posts
Were the sheaves on the clutches grooved out as well?
Yup both primary and secondary. There’s a “new” updated part number apparently that supposed to get rid of all of these issues. Mine is currently being replaced under warranty. Although the noise has been there since new, it sounds more like a bad wheel bearing. I guess If the clutch doesn’t fix it, they still have to track it down and see where it’s coming from and I get a free clutch lol

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yeah their “new” part numbers aren’t any better, I have less than 500 miles on them and they are grooved out worse than the originals

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did yours happen to make noise at around 39-40 mph? My weights were exactly like that but my rollers were ceased up also. Dealer says that’s where the noises are coming from. We shall see.
No noise, just the shifting feeling at 40-45mph. My sheaves looked good, a shiny spot on the primary but no groove you could feel.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I finally got the break in on the new belt done and went for a ride yesterday.

HOLY COW I would've put the RCOR weights in a long time ago had I known the difference. The "shifty" feeling is totally gone, it feels better under hard acceleration, and now when cruising on the highway at 55mph I'm turning at least 1000 rpm's less than before. I only put about 40 miles on, but initial impressions are, worth every penny.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I finally got the break in on the new belt done and went for a ride yesterday.

HOLY COW I would've put the RCOR weights in a long time ago had I known the difference. The "shifty" feeling is totally gone, it feels better under hard acceleration, and now when cruising on the highway at 55mph I'm turning at least 1000 rpm's less than before. I only put about 40 miles on, but initial impressions are, worth every penny.
The next time you are out, would you mind sharing what rpms you are turning at 40 and at 55 mph on flat level ground? I need to do something about the high revs on this thing or it won't be in my garage much longer. Thanks!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The next time you are out, would you mind sharing what rpms you are turning at 40 and at 55 mph on flat level ground? I need to do something about the high revs on this thing or it won't be in my garage much longer. Thanks!
@45 I'm at 6200 rpm @55 7400

Reactions: cnj

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey guys im getting ready to replace my weights and rollers any idea what i can lube the pins with that will help with the rollers seizing up?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey guys im getting ready to replace my weights and rollers any idea what i can lube the pins with that will help with the rollers seizing up?
You don't want lubrication of any kind flying around inside your clutch cover. Someone help me out here if I'm wrong, but I've never heard of lubing your rollers/weights.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts