Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the factory cab kit and pulled a boneheaded move. With it cold, unzipped my driver side window, then when I went to zip it back up, a small portion of the plastic ripped out of the zipper. Complete stupidity on my part, I knew better with it being cold. My question is does anyone know if I can order just a replacement window vs having to order both doors? I messaged Kawi, but their response was to get with the dealer because they can order replacements. I'm sure my local dealer will only want to order the kit with both upper doors. Appreciate in advance any advice. May try to hit up a local upholstery shop to see if they have a way to fix or replace the plastic.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have no experience with a cab kit.but i really doubt Kawasaki will want to split up a complete kit. I'd talk to.a local upholstery shop and I have no doubt they can fix it cheaper and easier. My niece and her husband own an upholstery shop and I've seen them work some miracles!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
333 Posts
not sure where your located but a coupler of weeks ago a guy out of Reno was selling two sets of krx upper door windows on Craigslist.. otherwise take it to a boat canvas shop.. they work with that clear vinyl all the time.. fix it no sweat!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appreciate the suggestions. Sounds like and upholstery shop may be the way to go.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000
36 Posts
I have a used cab kit that I will no longer use as it contributed to a reduction in visibility I do not want to replicate. Do you just need the vinyl piece?

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you purchased the cab kit when you bought the KRX, the warranty matches the KRX. If you purchased the cab later, it is a 90 day warranty. Kawasaki sent me 2 new upper doors under warranty because one of mine had the sticking coming loose at the clear plastic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you purchased the cab kit when you bought the KRX, the warranty matches the KRX. If you purchased the cab later, it is a 90 day warranty. Kawasaki sent me 2 new upper doors under warranty because one of mine had the sticking coming loose at the clear plastic.
Yeah I purchased it with the machine, unfortunately I wasn't smart enough to get the extended warranty. Completely my fault.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not sure where you are but if you check out some local boat/marine upholstery shops, they can do this. A simple clear panel should not crack your wallet nearly as much as a new piece from Kawasaki if you can even get one. I had to replace a pretty large panel roughly 3'x4' in size on my boat enclosure a few years ago and it was about 150 out the door.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts