Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody used their Extended Warranty? How were you treated? Do you suggest getting one? What kind of price can you get?

Thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
I haven't had any issues so I can't answer as to how I was treated. From everything I've heard Kawasaki pretty much covers everything even if technically they don't have to. I've had many Kawasaki's through the years and only had 1 recall that went extremely smooth.
You definitely need to get the extended warranty. One major issue and it more than paid for itself. Jared from Big Pine Sports in Utah is the go to man. Call him at 435-851-3637 for the cheapest factory Kawasaki warranty anywhere and for all your accessories . His current price is $838 for the 3 year extended warranty. Hope this helps!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 teryx krx
22 Posts
I have a 2020 KRX 1000 with 3600 miles on it., i have had several issues with mine, it started with the clutch shifting at 40 mph. it was grooves in the primary and secondary sheave. Kawasaki fixed it, with in two weeks it started again. at the same time my passenger rear cv axle came out and the housing was damaged. again Kawasaki fixed it. got it home and drove it, when i shifted it into reverse it made a clunking noise and it began to make a loud whining noise. took it back and it was my wet clutch, i do not ride this machine hard. i ended up past my warranty date by a couple of weeks. and again Kawasaki fixed. i called Kawasaki and told them all about my issues, they extended my warrant another 6 months. i will be buying the extended warranty before the 6 month are over. I really enjoy everything about this machine. its ride is better than the RZR's that I've owned. and i've owned 3 of them, with a total of 19000 miles.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
590 Posts
That’s awesome you get that many miles in. I have to travel at least an hour on the trailer to do any decent riding.

·
Registered
389 Posts
That’s awesome you get that many miles in. I have to travel at least an hour on the trailer to do any decent riding.

Same here Dan. That's actually why I made this street legal. Not saying it's gonna be a road queen but the amount of cash I dropped I dont want it just sitting there either. My work is 4 miles from my house so and occasional ride to work and the gas station. Theres a bunch of us going to rush off-road from the 20th to the 23th. Most likely hit mines and meadows on memorial Day... You're welcome to meet up with us anytime we ride.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't had any issues so I can't answer as to how I was treated. From everything I've heard Kawasaki pretty much covers everything even if technically they don't have to. I've had many Kawasaki's through the years and only had 1 recall that went extremely smooth.
You definitely need to get the extended warranty. One major issue and it more than paid for itself. Jared from Big Pine Sports in Utah is the go to man. Call him at 435-851-3637 for the cheapest factory Kawasaki warranty anywhere and for all your accessories . His current price is $838 for the 3 year extended warranty. Hope this helps!

Thank you.
That you really helps

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you.
That you really helps

yep, Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a 2020 KRX 1000 with 3600 miles on it., i have had several issues with mine, it started with the clutch shifting at 40 mph. it was grooves in the primary and secondary sheave. Kawasaki fixed it, with in two weeks it started again. at the same time my passenger rear cv axle came out and the housing was damaged. again Kawasaki fixed it. got it home and drove it, when i shifted it into reverse it made a clunking noise and it began to make a loud whining noise. took it back and it was my wet clutch, i do not ride this machine hard. i ended up past my warranty date by a couple of weeks. and again Kawasaki fixed. i called Kawasaki and told them all about my issues, they extended my warrant another 6 months. i will be buying the extended warranty before the 6 month are over. I really enjoy everything about this machine. its ride is better than the RZR's that I've owned. and i've owned 3 of them, with a total of 19000 miles.
thank you so much

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
355 Posts
Jared’s phone will be blowing up. I’m calling before mine runs out in July.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just purchased my 3 year extended warranty. My 6 month warranty was going to expire at the end of the month. Didnt really want to spend the money for it but thought better safe than sorry, The Kawasaki web-site quoted me $1419 for a 12 month, $1573 for a 24 month and $1727 for a 36 month warranty. I paid $785 for the 3 year warranty from my dealer.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,245 Posts
Kawasaki won't give you a deal, but none of the other manufactures will either. It's just part of it. Fortunately, a little research will result in finding some pretty good deals available. I think I paid $1100 for my 3 year warranty, and was happy. At the time that was a decent price. Now folks are getting 3 years for around $800 from a few different sources. As an early run on a brand new machine (October 2019 build) there was no way I wasn't going to purchase the extended warranty. So far it has been a total waste of money, which is just how I like it. :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Kawasaki won't give you a deal, but none of the other manufactures will either. It's just part of it. Fortunately, a little research will result in finding some pretty good deals available. I think I paid $1100 for my 3 year warranty, and was happy. At the time that was a decent price. Now folks are getting 3 years for around $800 from a few different sources. As an early run on a brand new machine (October 2019 build) there was no way I wasn't going to purchase the extended warranty. So far it has been a total waste of money, which is just how I like it. :)
You didn't have to replace the knuckles on yours?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts