Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

Extended Warranty Yes or No

16K views 36 replies 16 participants last post by  Jraoffroad 
#1 ·
Potential new owner, is the extra $ worth it on these so far reliable machines?

#2 ·
I bought one for mine, being a first year model. My thought is, if you can afford it, why not, just for the peace of mind. If in three years it turns out it was a waste of my $1,100, no big deal. I think most anyone would happily throw away that much for 3 trouble free years of fun. If it's not trouble free, it's under warranty. win/win

#11 ·
This is an old thread I dug up in a search for the topic so I'm posting here because it asks the exact question I have: Extended Warranty Yes or No?

A little background. The dealer priced the 3-year Kawasaki warranty at $1575 and of course I refused. I went through this on the Wolverine X2 and was able to buy the Yamaha YES 4-year warranty for $599 from a dealer in another state on eBay. $600 over four years is $150 a year, heck yeah I'll do that. Before I left with the KRX the dealer showed me his price in a book, it was $775. He offered it to me for $1100 saying he had to make something on it. I walked. Now I'm looking for something similar on the Kawasaki and I'm not finding them on eBay.

I saw something over at the Wolverine forums where Big Pine sold a KRX warranty for $828. If that's true, that's $276 a year for the three years.

Here's where I'm on the fence. The KRX appears to be over-built for the way I ride. I'm a put putt around guy, even on fast straightaways I'm not goosing it and jumping it will never happen. So I'm questioning the need for the warranty. It's the second year for the machine, etc.

I'd appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

Reactions: 708
#12 ·
This is an old thread I dug up in a search for the topic so I'm posting here because it asks the exact question I have: Extended Warranty Yes or No?

A little background. The dealer priced the 3-year Kawasaki warranty at $1575 and of course I refused. I went through this on the Wolverine X2 and was able to buy the Yamaha YES 4-year warranty for $599 from a dealer in another state on eBay. $600 over four years is $150 a year, heck yeah I'll do that. Before I left with the KRX the dealer showed me his price in a book, it was $775. He offered it to me for $1100 saying he had to make something on it. I walked. Now I'm looking for something similar on the Kawasaki and I'm not finding them on eBay.

I saw something over at the Wolverine forums where Big Pine sold a KRX warranty for $828. If that's true, that's $276 a year for the three years.

Here's where I'm on the fence. The KRX appears to be over-built for the way I ride. I'm a put putt around guy, even on fast straightaways I'm not goosing it and jumping it will never happen. So I'm questioning the need for the warranty. It's the second year for the machine, etc.

I'd appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.
I did not buy the extended warranty also mine is a first year model. I did have one issue since purchasing it.
It was the switch that turns 4x4 drive on/off and differential
It had ran past the six-month period but since they were having troubles frequent with this problem Kawasaki decided to throw it in under warranty it may have been eight months old at the time. The cost would’ve been a little over $800 to replace and fix.

i’m personally not a warranty type of guy being on this type of vehicle I am going to tinker with and of course at this point warranty wouldn’t cover anyway

My opinion hope it helps

#15 ·
I bought a three year from another dealer that offered it at a much more reasonable price. You can find them now for a couple hundred less than what I paid. Relatively cheap peace of mind for an early build, first year machine. Mine was built in October 2019, purchased in December 2019.

#16 ·
Yep, and on the X2 it was the first year for that machine so I thought I needed the warranty. It's looking to me like the KRX second year model has the bugs worked out. Plus its so overbuilt for the way I ride. So I'm really on the fence on this one. I have until July 14 to decide, when the 6-month included warranty wears out. I appreciate your opinions, please keep them coming!

#17 ·
First, and I don't understand why this even needs saying but it comes up everytime this is asked. The included warranty is 6 months, it can be extended by up to 3 years. You didn't get a 4 or 5 year KPP no matter what your dealer told you.

I would say the warranty is worth it. These machines seem reliable, but there are not enough people with high miles to know yet for sure. A driveshaft or axle is damn near the cost of the warranty. I'm willing to bet I can break at least one before the warranty is up.

#19 ·
First, and I don't understand why this even needs saying but it comes up everytime this is asked. The included warranty is 6 months, it can be extended by up to 3 years. You didn't get a 4 or 5 year KPP no matter what your dealer told you.

I would say the warranty is worth it. These machines seem reliable, but there are not enough people with high miles to know yet for sure. A driveshaft or axle is damn near the cost of the warranty. I'm willing to bet I can break at least one before the warranty is up.
Actually there’s a local guy here that has 5000 miles on his. No issues with the drive train. Or anything mechanical for that matter.

#23 ·
Most of the broken front driveshafts that I have read about are on machines running 35" tires.(I am a member of a LOT of different KRX groups) And most of those guys say they are running them hard. I don't think it's something that most would need to worry about.

I'm sure Outrun will have some comments... :ROFLMAO:

#26 ·
Another thing to keep in mind when thinking of buying an extended warranty....

Many dealers sell “off brand” extended warranties as well as the Kawasaki PP. Those off brand warranties can be good sometimes if you plan on doing all your service at the same dealership you bought it at. But can be a real pain in the a$$ if you use it elsewhere or don’t read the fine print. They can also be bought for cheaper and for longer terms then the Kawi PP one. (Which is 3 years max)

The Kawasaki one is all in anywhere it’s an authorized Kawasaki dealer. No deductibles, no drama, no questions, just fixed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.