Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also, are there any dealers who sell the warranties at a low price?

Thank you......Yamaha RMAX owner here about to also purchase a KRX. I need two machines....and the trails I'm going to are getting more and more extreme!

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
108 Posts
Just purchased a KRX 1000eS for 3 years paid 1200, I think it is a little high but am happy to have the coverage esp with the electronic suspension.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Thank you......Yamaha RMAX owner here about to also purchase a KRX. I need two machines....and the trails I'm going to are getting more and more extreme!
$1,200 dealer said I had to buy warranty to get the 2.99 financing which I was going to anyways

·
Registered
1 Posts

I got the Kawasaki 3-year Protection Plan for $828 through Big Pine Sports (435-427-3338) about a year ago. Great people to work with and everything was done online.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
735 Posts
I bought my machine 1/14/21 and planned on buying the Kawasaki 3-year warranty from Jared at Big Pine Sports before my six month warranty ran out. One month before that, Kawi said you have to buy the Kawi warranty from the dealer that sold the machine. So rather than $830 from Big Pine I had to buy from my selling dealer. They didn't wiggle much from the $1600 base price.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well shit,
I really do have to stop reading these threads. I contacted my dealer and negotiated down to $900 for the 3 year OEM.
So, for $300/year guess I'm covered.

After reading some of the things that have happened. it would be just my luck to have it happen to me. I declined the extended warranty at first at time if sale, but on my first ride, 3 miles into the desert, I blew all my coolant due to an improperly installed hose/clamp under the car skids.
I had to get towed out.

My doors don't fit right, The passenger has about 1" of play and my confidence is shaky.
Love the car, BUT, I'm hoping for the best.

First extended warranty I've ever bought in over 50 years of driving.
Jeeeez. :unsure:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I got the Kawasaki 3-year Protection Plan for $828 through Big Pine Sports (435-427-3338) about a year ago. Great people to work with and everything was done online.
Same here.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Same here.
I got the same deal but Kawasaki put an end to that. It's going to hurt them on the warranty sales, if not buggy sales as Yamaha still allows you to shop around for the warranty.

·
Registered
2021 Blue
144 Posts
They didn't wiggle much from the $1600 base price.
Methinks the time to buy a 3 year KPP is when you buy your machine. Make the sale dependent on a reasonable extended warranty price. The dealer may be more inclined to agree to your terms when a sale is on the line. You certainly won't be in as good a position later on when they have you by the short hairs. I waited until two days before my 6 months was up hoping that Kawasaki would eventually rescind their asinine policy. They did not. Originally quoted $1,757 from corporate, I ended up getting it from my dealer (like I had any choice) for a shade under $1,500. I appreciate that my dealer did everything he could to be accommodating. It's still good insurance and I hope I never need it, I just disagree with how I was forced to buy it.

Reactions: Jraoffroad

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
735 Posts
^^^^^^^^^
My experience exactly. I knew about the $830 Big Pine deal and didn’t buy from my dealer. I waited and then the Big Pine deal was taken away. Go back to my dealer. Best they could do was $1400 if I didn’t tell anyone. Ha!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts