Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running LT tires? Any experience you can share? Is the ride extremely harsh? What tire/size/PSI are you running? What type of riding do you do?

Background:
I'm considering running LT tires. I have to drive at least 30 miles of pavement every time I go out because I can't have a trailer in my current circumstances. On top of that, my wife and I are both quite heavy people, which adds up to significant tire wear on the stock carnivores.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,132 Posts
Anyone running LT tires? Any experience you can share? Is the ride extremely harsh? What tire/size/PSI are you running? What type of riding do you do?

Background:
I'm considering running LT tires. I have to drive at least 30 miles of pavement every time I go out because I can't have a trailer in my current circumstances. On top of that, my wife and I are both quite heavy people, which adds up to significant tire wear on the stock carnivores.
I was actually going to go this route. There are so many cost efficient options out there. I am in the same boat where I ride a lot of desert and paved roads. So carnivores are not a great fit. After a lot of research the biggest complaint was that the ride was too harsh. Which ultimately steered me away from going that route. I picked up a set of maxxis libertys. They are exactly what you’re looking for and are a “truck inspired” tire. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I ran them on my Pioneer for about a thousand miles with no issues. Currently I have system 3, 350's on the pioneer in 35s with about 2k miles on them and 65-70% left, I run a lot of roads here in AZ. On the KRX I will be putting some STI X-Comp tires on in a 35 (34" actual) and hope to get the same results. The benefit of the UTV tire is just the softer side wall for the off roading. I would have no issues running a LT on the KRX my only worry is the bead lock and the bolts being long enough.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I ran them on my Pioneer for about a thousand miles with no issues. Currently I have system 3, 350's on the pioneer in 35s with about 2k miles on them and 65-70% left, I run a lot of roads here in AZ. On the KRX I will be putting some STI X-Comp tires on in a 35 (34" actual) and hope to get the same results. The benefit of the UTV tire is just the softer side wall for the off roading. I would have no issues running a LT on the KRX my only worry is the bead lock and the bolts being long enough.
I believe the guys that used LT tires had to get some longer bolts for the bead locks like you said. But they worked

1 - 4 of 4 Posts