Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While the machine is brand new, the rear air intakes Frog Skin pre-filter were lifting in a few crease marks, I ordered the EXE Engineering Plates that go on top. $65

5 star review for thick .080" metal with heavy powder coated white, which ties in with my Blue Beast main decal cover scheme and flows with the other white accents......

They're quite functional and fit flush, I don't do bling. o_O

krx frogskin.jpg

krx frogskin1.jpg

·
Registered
55 Posts
These are a great idea that doesn't go far enough, IMO. They need to add a screen over the frog skins, I'm tearing them up with brush and branches.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've also seen people reverse the frogskin, so the filter is on the inside and the factory grill is on the outer.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Today the T-Rex got the frogskins flipped, and stickers to add more Beast Mode torque.

Easy to flip them and they seal tight against the intake housing. The grate moved to the outside really offers better protection for the fabric.

krx T-rex.jpg

·
Registered
55 Posts
Today the T-Rex got the frogskins flipped, and stickers to add more Beast Mode torque.

Easy to flip them and they seal tight against the intake housing. The grate moved to the outside really offers better protection for the fabric.

View attachment 726
Swapped mine around today too. I think it will be helpful, but I am still thinking they are pretty vulnerable. Needs to have a screen or something that has a gap for better protection. I'm thinking on a solution, nothing concrete yet. By the way, Cool T-Rex!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
T-Rex sticker on Ebay.

this one has super fine lines and detailing, it def won't hold up well to brush scratching............but yeah it's cool looking:

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
231 Posts
I flipped mine around too. Seems like much better protection from branches. I removed the air boxes too and cleaned them out with some simple green and a pressure washer. You’ll be surprised what you find in there!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
206 Posts
I flipped mine around shortly after I bought it. Other than an occasional pine needle or two caught up in it, they work great. If you are a mudder I can see where maybe you could plug them up, but other than that I can't see them ever getting plugged up. Much better protection for the frogskinz.

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
231 Posts
I flipped mine around shortly after I bought it. Other than an occasional pine needle or two caught up in it, they work great. If you are a mudder I can see where maybe you could plug them up, but other than that I can't see them ever getting plugged up. Much better protection for the frogskinz.

View attachment 744
Hey bob how do you like those KM3’s?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
206 Posts
Hey bob how do you like those KM3’s?
So far I have zero complaints. They are fairly sticky which makes them great for rock crawling, yet they seem to be wearing very well. Very quiet, smooth riding tire. They are also very durable. Been running them at 10 psi and punishing them on the rocks pretty good. No sign of any sort of sidewall damage. For dirt, hard pack and rocks, they are as good as anything else I've run and better than a lot. I will have to wait to see how they perform in the snow and ice before I can pass any final judgement on them, but so far I highly recommend them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts