Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 eS “Rocky” 2021 KRX 1000 eS “Double Vision”
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed 4 light bars, street legal kit, stereo, wiper/washer and winch the last couple of days. When I finished reassembly tonight I got this error code. I checked everything before I put it back together but of course I didn’t start it so the engine light was on each time I checked a new component after installing it. I’m hoping it isn’t truly a ignition coil failure but rather a wiring issue. ie a missing ground or something. Did have them get away from me once. My first question where is ignition coil 1 located? My second is where does it get its power? Lastly could I somehow have damaged it, or is it a fluke that it happened at the same time I was installing things? I’m bummed because I was getting it ready for the long weekend and now it’s only on 1 cylinder. Also I’m hoping to not have to take ALL the push pins back out. Some of course but hopefully not all of those little suckers lol. Put me out of my misery. Thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
So you installed different accessories and after each one you turned the key on to check function....correct? I'm wondering if its possibly a low voltage issue. Each time you turned the key on it will turn on the fuel pump, send voltage to the coils and then after checked each accessory you may have run the battery down low. All this if off the top of my head! Lol

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So you installed different accessories and after each one you turned the key on to check function....correct? I'm wondering if its possibly a low voltage issue. Each time you turned the key on it will turn on the fuel pump, send voltage to the coils and then after checked each accessory you may have run the battery down low. All this if off the top of my head! Lol

I’ll throw it on the charger and see what happens. I didn’t think about that. I may or may not have been checking the subwoofer for proper function for 10 minutes or so. I was setting the time and checking out all the functions lol. Thanks for the drawing also.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The pic helped. I found the black wire was disconnected. Must have happened running the stereo harness I suspect as the bulk of that wiring is nearby. Thanks again. Didn’t have to remove one rivet. Whew! Now it’s on the trailer ready for tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
The pic helped. I found the black wire was disconnected. Must have happened running the stereo harness I suspect as the bulk of that wiring is nearby. Thanks again. Didn’t have to remove one rivet. Whew! Now it’s on the trailer ready for tomorrow.
Thats great man!! Glad you got it fixed, hope you have a good ride!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.