Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to everyone,
So I just got 2 brand new Teryx LRX 1000 last month, and they where running well. One day in one of them de EPS started messing up, steering wheel got hard and then the eps light came on the dashboard. It does it after riding for while and if I steer it completely to one side or the other, the light goes off and steering goes back to normal for a while. So my question is what should I check to fix it without changing the EPS Actuator?

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,389 Posts
Greetings to everyone,
So I just got 2 brand new Teryx LRX 1000 last month, and they where running well. One day in one of them de EPS started messing up, steering wheel got hard and then the eps light came on the dashboard. It does it after riding for while and if I steer it completely to one side or the other, the light goes off and steering goes back to normal for a while. So my question is what should I check to fix it without changing the EPS Actuator?

Thank you!
View attachment 3707
just take it to the dealer it’s under warranty

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,389 Posts
Yeah that's the best solution, but I want something quicker since they say it can take up to a month to fix it. That's why I came here asking for help haha.
Yeah that's the best solution, but I want something quicker since they say it can take up to a month to fix it. That's why I came here asking for help haha.
EPS issue isn’t going to be quick. Everything is behind the dash. If you don’t mind ripping the whole dash out it might save time than having the dealer do it. You also need to diagnose what’s wrong. The cluster has an option for showing the codes but I’m not sure if EPS is included. If you find the rack is bad or a module it will set you back a couple 1000 bucks and hope the part is available.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EPS issue isn’t going to be quick. Everything is behind the dash. If you don’t mind ripping the whole dash out it might save time than having the dealer do it. You also need to diagnose what’s wrong. The cluster has an option for showing the codes but I’m not sure if EPS is included. If you find the rack is bad or a module it will set you back a couple 1000 bucks and hope the part is available.
Okay thanks! For sure it's better to take it to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,263 Posts
Speedy Gonzales nailed it. The EPS is something that is pretty much dealer warranty repair. It’s not something you want to dive into yourself.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Greetings to everyone,

Thank you!
View attachment 3707
Ok I’m no expert on the krx but on my Polaris the eps uses a speed input to vary the feel or power to the actuator. So if your stopped and turn the wheel it applies say full power as opposed to when your going down the road at 60 mph. So when my belt would get wet or worn out it would slip and give me a fault code and eps light, because it looses the speed input. So if I were you I would pull the cover and clean and inspect the belt…. Maybe even change the belt…. It beats being without the krx for a month!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts