Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Want to quiet engine noise ( exhaust muffler, rear fire wall. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
899 Posts
I know you wanted a serious answer and I apologize in advance for answering that I wear hearing protection. WorkTunes bluetooth headphones from 3M. This is an extremely loud machine and these headphones fix that for me.

Reactions: BobX2

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wear Ear Protection
Or go slower 😃
I know you wanted a serious answer and I apologize in advance for answering that I wear hearing protection. WorkTunes bluetooth headphones from 3M. This is an extremely loud machine and these headphones fix that for me.
Thanks we went to pack talk head phones. Was hoping for a miracle exhaust system. I'll have to turn the volume up.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,761 Posts
What I’ve also seen in engine covers in the auto industry is the valve cover will have a thick sound deadening material to quiet the noise of the valve train injectors etc. Not sure where most of the noise is made but that would be a start

·
Registered
529 Posts
I used a hood insulation blanket on the rear firewall. Another huge difference was dynamating the removable cover in the bed up by the rear window. Think that alone was 6 or 7 decibels. My buddy did a before and after with a tester. Removing the primary spring is a big difference also.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I used a hood insulation blanket on the rear firewall. Another huge difference was dynamating the removable cover in the bed up by the rear window. Think that alone was 6 or 7 decibels. My buddy did a before and after with a tester. Removing the primary spring is a big difference also.
I did the rear cover in Noico or whatever it is called and definitely made the biggest difference. I also used a large vacuum hose to find the source and it was mostly all from the clutch exhaust tube. Gonna add a second coat since I have a lot left.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,761 Posts
I did the rear cover in Noico or whatever it is called and definitely made the biggest difference. I also used a large vacuum hose to find the source and it was mostly all from the clutch exhaust tube. Gonna add a second coat since I have a lot left.
Where are you coating it from?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.