Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
So yesterday i opened up my KRX full throttle for the first time at 147 miles (to include the 100 mile break in and service). The engines bogged puffed out white smoke and stalled. It would start but not stay running so I towed it back to camp. Today I noticed the drain tube at the bottom of the air box has oil in it? Anyone have this happen? View attachment 3197 View attachment 3198
go to dealer let them figure it .

·
Registered
246 Posts
Okay, here's the update, Kawasaki dealer tech states right cylinder has zero compression. So motor is toast. They plan to remove and inspect damage and report to Kawasaki. I am so disapointed with this, at only 200 miles!!
The main thing is I hope they can get you a new engine quickly. I think another guy on here had to wait 3 months for a new engine. And I hope you have a good dealer with a good service Dept. That’s the key with issues like this.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Okay, here's the update, Kawasaki dealer tech states right cylinder has zero compression. So motor is toast. They plan to remove and inspect damage and report to Kawasaki. I am so disapointed with this, at only 200 miles!!
you might not be outta the woods yet....... it's now up to the service department as to what can happen next. if they do a good job of convincing Kawasaki that the engine failed without any outside influence then your probably ok. but sometimes for whatever reason they blame you for the damage then you might be fawked.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
So, as it stands Kawasaki wants me to agree to an invoice charge of $1500 from the dealer in case they discover this is not a warranty issue. I did nothing wrong so i shouldn't worry, but i am not getting a warm fuzzy from this whole ordeal. They also are charging me to remove any Kawasaki accessories that were not installed by the factory to gain access to the engine ($500). Unfortunately, I just have a feeling this is going to turn into a battle. I am for sure having my regrets for this purchase.

·
Registered
389 Posts
So, as it stands Kawasaki wants me to agree to an invoice charge of $1500 from the dealer in case they discover this is not a warranty issue. I did nothing wrong so i shouldn't worry, but i am not getting a warm fuzzy from this whole ordeal. They also are charging me to remove any Kawasaki accessories that were not installed by the factory to gain access to the engine ($500). Unfortunately, I just have a feeling this is going to turn into a battle. I am for sure having my regrets for this purchase.
Yeah that sounds a little shady to me. So the invoice for 1500 if they find it was your fault then what? Is that the flat price you pay or does it become more? Survey these motors cost more than 1500. 500 to remove accessories that weren't installed? Wtf! Did this come straight from kawi or the dealer? Also were you still under warranty I'm assuming?

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,383 Posts
So assuming this is still under warranty, how can they charge you anything for a motor failure? I can see if you didn’t put any oil in it, or drove it into a lake, but $1500 for what? And tell them to stuff that $500 bucks to remove accessories where the sun don’t shine!!

·
Registered
389 Posts
So assuming this is still under warranty, how can they charge you anything for a motor failure? I can see if you didn’t put any oil in it, or drove it into a lake, but $1500 for what? And tell them to stuff that $500 bucks to remove accessories where the sun don’t shine!!
That's what I'm screaming... I mean WTF? If that came directly from kawi I may reconsider selling mine because that's some shady shit. It sounds like a dealer scam to me though without the facts.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,638 Posts
It sucks, but I would pick it up and find a reputable dealer to take it to, even if there isn't one close by. It sounds like the dealer is trying to skim off some money from this deal. The $500 dollars to remove accessories sounds legit (gotta pay someone to r&r the accessories), although a good dealer doesn't charge for that, but no way I would hand them $1500 unless contacted directly by Kawasaki to confirm it. Kiss that money goodbye as soon as it's in their hands. Remove your own accessories and save your $500.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts