Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I can now say the emp mounts that use the rubber grommets won't hold up to a solid tree limb. I caught one at a pretty good clip this past weekend at it ripped the p/s mount smooth off of the machine. Anyone got a better mounting option that is solid enough to withstand an impact?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well I can now say the emp mounts that use the rubber grommets won't hold up to a solid tree limb. I caught one at a pretty good clip this past weekend at it ripped the p/s mount smooth off of the machine. Anyone got a better mounting option that is solid enough to withstand an impact?
You must have really been moving down the trail lol. I smack stuff all the time with my emp mounts and they have held up great.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My EMP mounts snapped. Right at the securing nut. Riding some rough washboard trails and damn light bar comes slinging into view. I’m switching to pods.
That’s pretty much what happened to me, I was running around 25-30mph down a trail and caught a pretty good sized limb. Knocked the light bar smooth off, the passenger side emp mount is mia, and both sides of the lightbar are destroyed where it ripped off of the mounts. Lightbar still works though.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,761 Posts
@Rocky Heap You’ll need this

RZX 16" Rivet NUT Tool Hand Blind Riveter,RIVNUT Riveting Tools with Nut Setting System M3 M4 M5,m6,m8,m10 M12, 10-24, 1/4-20, 5/16-18,3/8-16,1/2-13 Totally 12 mandrels RZX 16" Rivet NUT Tool Hand Blind Riveter,RIVNUT Riveting Tools with Nut Setting System M3 M4 M5,m6,m8,m10 M12, 10-24, 1/4-20, 5/16-18,3/8-16,1/2-13 Totally 12 mandrels: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

This
Glarks 320Pcs 5/32"-32UNC 8-32UNC 10-24UNC 1/4"-20UNC 1/4"-20UNC 5/16"-18UNC 3/8"-16UNC 1/2"-13UNC Zinc Plated Carbon Steel Flat Head Rivnut Threaded Insert Rivet Nuts Assortment Set (Rivet Nut KIt) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HL45TF...abc_WG6NMCXBMZSABF6TZ03V?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

And this. You can order the shorter bolts to fit the inside of the bracket, I just cut mine.

(10 Sets) 5/16-18x1-1/4" Stainless Steel Hex Head Screws Bolts Nuts Flat Washers & Lock Washers Kits, 304 Stainless Steel 18-8, Flat Washers Diameter 0.9" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DS6PFH...abc_3CEPH17MW3WZ1HWQRXQA?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,357 Posts
That’s the same tool I have. (Not the drill version) You’ll want to order the stainless rivnuts if you play in water or out in the rain.

·
Registered
8 Posts
EMP mounts work fine, just remember they're not to be used as a Stihl Chainsaw to clear a trail.
My EMP mounts snapped. Right at the securing nut. Riding some rough washboard trails and damn light bar comes slinging into view. I’m switching to pods.
Same thing happened to me yesterday. Just off the trailer 15mins before, I hit the first set on whoops and from the passenger side, the bar drops into the windshield. It literally broke off at the bolt hole for the light bar. When it dropped, it pulled out the driver's side inserts as well. This bar has NEVER hit anything. Maybe time for EMP to rethink the design or simply use better quality steel. Look closely in the pics and you can see what appears to be some lamination going on with these brackets. Not my idea of a quality part.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.