Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Blue
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Installed and wired up the electrics yesterday. Started by taking out the passenger seat and center plastics. A clawed retrieval tool pulled the recessed rivets easily. Installed the Full Access rollover valve and UTV Distribution belt bypass. Removed the factory accessory bar and replaced it with a Blue Seas 5025. Ran some wiring, connected the 42" curved light bar, 3' whips and USB outlet (all Nilight) to it. Installed the switches. Done.
Didn't put it back together yet because I'm expecting some EPDM pipe insulation today to see how it'll do with the heat thing.

·
Registered
2021 Blue
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EPDM arrived but was the wrong size *#&$^%(@#. So I took some time to seal up a few things. Driveshaft was first using a piece of Reflectix and tile tape. Tile tape is used to secure sections of field tile and made for plastic adhesion.

Next up was the brake handle opening. Did this from the outside with a piece of bicycle inner tube and more tile tape. Not sure how durable this will be, but time will tell. If you don't have some bicycle innertube on hand, you should hit up your local shop for some that they've replaced. You'd be surprised what you can use it for.

·
Registered
2021 Blue
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Lesson learned. If you want to use Aerocell EPDM pipe insulation to wrap your coolant lines, get four 6' pieces of the 3/8" thick, 1 3/8" tube size. Kind of difficult getting it through the firewall but possible. Got mine done today, put it all back together and then found a 3" locust thorn in a tire. Plugged it, all good. Time to ride!

Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
2021 KRX1000 BLUE
176 Posts
Its looking good! That 42 inch light bar looks massive, but i like it. I totally agree with you on the bicycle tube. If you dont have a couple mountain bike or bmx tubes in your garage for home made fixes then your missing out. If you roll a thin tube and rivet it down you can make a good cheap door seal and you use thick tube to make a outside door sweep before the roll. Keeps everything out.

·
Registered
2021 Blue
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks reno464, light bar was suggested on this forum and fit well. There is little chance of it getting banged up because there are no tight, wooded trails around. The available topography where I live is akin to desert riding, wide open hardpan in the form of gravel roads. Like Forest Service roads but without the forest. Miles of river bottom sand and level B (unmaintained/abandoned) dirt road mud provide ample opportunity to move the switch to 4WD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.