Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Krx 1000
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for you guys that have had your ECU flashed, what exactly did it change for the better? Did it rid you of the speed limiter? Better gas mileage? ETC?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Just put 5 miles on my stage 2 VFJohn tune...............<insert big grins here>

My impression of stock muffler with Johns Stage 2 tune. WOW, much better mid range throttle response. More peaky power. PULLS MUCH HARDER .Breaks the tires loose much more easily. Sorta like on a 2 stroke machine when it comes on the pipe. Def more of a "hit" of power in the mid range. I'm impressed. THANK YOU JOHN. ZERO REGRETS. I bought a 2nd stock muffler and removed the cat, but haven't installed it yet. So it should pull even more now that it'll breath better . did I say WOW WOW WOW!!! I'm not saying it's ludicrous gains, but def does push you back in the seat more and roosts the tires.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just put 5 miles on my stage 2 VFJohn tune...............<insert big grins here>

My impression of stock muffler with Johns Stage 2 tune. WOW, much better mid range throttle response. More peaky power. PULLS MUCH HARDER .Breaks the tires loose much more easily. Sorta like on a 2 stroke machine when it comes on the pipe. Def more of a "hit" of power in the mid range. I'm impressed. THANK YOU JOHN. ZERO REGRETS. I bought a 2nd stock muffler and removed the cat, but haven't installed it yet. So it should pull even more now that it'll breath better . did I say WOW WOW WOW!!! I'm not saying it's ludicrous gains, but def does push you back in the seat more and roosts the tires.
Without the cat, do you think you'll need to retune it to get the A/F ratio right?

·
Registered
289 Posts
I did a "no cat" tune, I'm getting the 2nd muffler with no cat ceramic coated silver and it's not back yet.

IF I don't like the no cat sound, or it pops/backfires, I still have my original muffler.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did Graves tune and full exhaust system. Definitely added some lower end torque and a ton of bark, it feels more powerful from the hole and out of turns, but no difference on top speed, the problem with the top speed is the clutch. Mid range seems to pull harder, but the stock clutch keeps the rpms so high its not as much of a difference as I hoped but I think a clutch kit would change a lot. Haven't noticed anything with gas mileage but I'd imagine I'm not getting better mpgs lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was under the impression that the top speed was governed by the computer?
I believe it is, but a tune doesn’t seem to give you any higher speed, at least for me I’ve been stuck at 68-69 mph. Bigger tires or a clutch kit I think will help the top speed with a tune.

·
Registered
1 Posts

So how did it do with the VF Stage 2 tune and the catless muffler??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts