Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
White KRX 1000
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Anybody try DynoJet STICK IGNITION COILS? how are they? Any changes?

·
Registered
240 Posts
The real question is why?
Tell us why it’s a bad idea. If this type of stuff is in your wheelhouse, share with us. Dynojet makes them, and people seemed to think it’s needed for something. This is what dynojet claims. Is that not possible? I’m genuinely interested in this stuff.

“Our Coil-On-Plug Kit was engineered to withstand the harshest environments while delivering maximum spark energy. With this kit for your 2020 Kawasaki TERYX KRX 1000, you’ll experience gains in torque, horsepower, and throttle response, improving upon the stock ignition coil and wires by replacing it with a per cylinder coil-on-plug design.

The Coil-On-Plug Kit improves cold and hot starts and provides a snappy throttle response, as well as a smoother idle. Additionally, combustion efficiency is improved and the potential for misfiring is greatly reduced. This leads to improved performance, clean-burning plugs, and yields more miles between fill-ups. If you’re serious about ignition performance for your Kawasaki, this is the kit for you.”

·
Banned
487 Posts
Tell us why it’s a bad idea. If this type of stuff is in your wheelhouse, share with us. Dynojet makes them, and people seemed to think it’s needed for something. This is what dynojet claims. Is that not possible? I’m genuinely interested in this stuff.

“Our Coil-On-Plug Kit was engineered to withstand the harshest environments while delivering maximum spark energy. With this kit for your 2020 Kawasaki TERYX KRX 1000, you’ll experience gains in torque, horsepower, and throttle response, improving upon the stock ignition coil and wires by replacing it with a per cylinder coil-on-plug design.

The Coil-On-Plug Kit improves cold and hot starts and provides a snappy throttle response, as well as a smoother idle. Additionally, combustion efficiency is improved and the potential for misfiring is greatly reduced. This leads to improved performance, clean-burning plugs, and yields more miles between fill-ups. If you’re serious about ignition performance for your Kawasaki, this is the kit for you.”
Interesting.. be nice for some reports to see if it’s snake oil or legit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I installed them on my KRX, I thought it might help with spark plug fouling and low speed surge. Ive put about a 100 miles and everything seems good.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I installed them on my KRX, I thought it might help with spark plug fouling and low speed surge. Ive put about a 100 miles and everything seems good.
so have you felt more response? And did the surge and plug fouling stop? What other items have you upgraded on your KRX? Or is this the only thing? I k so you said it’s only been 100 miles, but that should give you at least a little feedback I would think.

·
Registered
4 Posts
so have you felt more response? And did the surge and plug fouling stop? What other items have you upgraded on your KRX? Or is this the only thing? I k so you said it’s only been 100 miles, but that should give you at least a little feedback I would think.
I have the MBRP exhaust . Its been running good no surge or plug issues. Dont realy feel any power increase.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,117 Posts

Sure I’d love to. Plenty of experience with hot coil plugs. I’ve installed them on my vehicles and were deemed worthless on the dyno compared to stock. So I stopped buying garbage like this.
Companies will juice up any product with fancy wording to try to sell you a product. That’s their goal through marketing. I just read a user below that he has felt “ no power gain”. To add to my credibility. What I’ve also learned in this market is there are companies making products for a non existent problem. Just like the shock tower reinforcement tabs. Complete marketing BS to simply take your order and pocket a few dollars.

·
Banned
487 Posts
Sure I’d love to. Plenty of experience with hot coil plugs. I’ve installed them on my vehicles and were deemed worthless on the dyno compared to stock. So I stopped buying garbage like this.
Companies will juice up any product with fancy wording to try to sell you a product. That’s their goal through marketing. I just read a user below that he has felt “ no power gain”. To add to my credibility. What I’ve also learned in this market is there are companies making products for a non existent problem. Just like the shock tower reinforcement tabs. Complete marketing BS to simply take your order and pocket a few dollars.
I agree... I would have liked to see the Shock mounts marketed differently. How and where I ride there is a good probability I’ll roll mine eventually. That’s how the Shock mount gives, in rollovers. But it would be worth while to me to be able to limp back after a bad rollover vs having a torn mount that prevents it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
yes I understand marketing is revenue. I was curious if it did any help. I think for the price the PM3 does the same things these are claimed to fix. Im not a car guy, so I’ve never got into using these items. This seems more like what racing guys would require for highly tuned high horsepower engines.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Almost all newer cars run coil over plug ingnition systems,It does away with the spark plug wires and is a cleaner under hood look. It's just a spark nothing more. No magic horsepower gains. I got them because of spark plug issues and to do away with the two lawnmower style ignition coils and the 2 foot long spark plug wires.

·
Premium Member
2000 white KRX
590 Posts
Almost all newer cars run coil over plug ingnition systems,It does away with the spark plug wires and is a cleaner under hood look. It's just a spark nothing more. No magic horsepower gains. I got them because of spark plug issues and to do away with the two lawnmower style ignition coils and the 2 foot long spark plug wires.
Good feedback

1 - 14 of 14 Posts