Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
381 - 398 of 439 Posts

· Pro UTV Parts KRX
2021 KRX
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #381 ·
Not sure if the PV3 will fix your lean condition. We have not had any complaints yet on the PV3. We have also used this product ourselves. Quote sent.

· Registered
502 Posts
Read through all 19 pages and did not find the answer to a question I have….did see several cures for toe fungus though!

I spend 6 months in lower elevation around 2000 ft and 6 months in 7400ft for summer, with the occasional trip to Colorado where it might be 10k ft.

Besides the higher octane, any concerns with the PV3??

And in layman’s terms, will this “fix” the lean fuel condition and balance out the cylinders?

Running an ES with gutted cat.

Craig, please send quote to 85935. Thank you!!
Only way to fix cylinder 1 2 lean if captivating pump is the cause is run a return type fuel system, then you can tune it correctly.

· Pro UTV Parts KRX
2021 KRX
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #387 ·
In stock.

· Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,879 Posts
@craigstumph
I've been considering giving it a try, but after reading through this entire thread I don't see anyone using this at altitude. I ride mostly between 8,500' and 13,000' elevation. I have read multiple times that the tunes were written at 2,000' elevation. Any information on whether the PV3 tune will function well at altitude? I know I'm not the only KRX rider up here and this would be good information for us.
If you will send me our forum discount quote and any information about my elevation questions I will give it some more consideration. Still wanting that full power reverse. Snow season is just around the corner...
Thanks,
Bob

· Registered
502 Posts
@craigstumph
I've been considering giving it a try, but after reading through this entire thread I don't see anyone using this at altitude. I ride mostly between 8,500' and 13,000' elevation. I have read multiple times that the tunes were written at 2,000' elevation. Any information on whether the PV3 tune will function well at altitude? I know I'm not the only KRX rider up here and this would be good information for us.
If you will send me our forum discount quote and any information about my elevation questions I will give it some more consideration. Still wanting that full power reverse. Snow season is just around the corner...
Thanks,
Bob
Bob i ride 80% of the time 6K plus you loose 3% HP per 1000' just having full throttle & back up throttle helps a lot plus you can change multiple things read pid data ect. your total HP will not change much, you just will have better throttle control. So when you punch it it will seem to have better pickup response. I think you will like it. I Havent noticed any notable difference at high altitude compared to lower other than at lower you have more HP.

· Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,879 Posts
Bob i ride 80% of the time 6K plus you loose 3% HP per 1000' just having full throttle & back up throttle helps a lot plus you can change multiple things read pid data ect. your total HP will not change much, you just will have better throttle control. So when you punch it it will seem to have better pickup response. I think you will like it. I Havent noticed any notable difference at high altitude compared to lower other than at lower you have more HP.
Yeah, I laugh every time someone who lives at low elevation complains about a lack of power, regardless of whatever they may be driving... lol They have no clue how good they have it. Imagine 30-40% less power. Hahaha
Not understanding much about how this tuner works, I have concerns about running too lean at altitude. I would assume it would run rich, but again, I don't know. Rich isn't so bad. Burn more gas and fouling plugs is much more preferable over running lean and burning pistons.

· Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,879 Posts
I did a clutch kit on my Sportsman 850 XP and honestly really didn't notice any difference. As I have mentioned in the past, I ride mostly slow, rocky trails and rock crawl. Power hasn't ever been an issue and the KRX gearing allows it to crawl over anything. I have stuck it in a snow bank however, and didn't have the power in reverse to back out of it. Fortunately I was able to claw my way through it but backing out and taking another run at it would have been much better. (y)

· Registered
502 Posts
Yeah, I laugh every time someone who lives at low elevation complains about a lack of power, regardless of whatever they may be driving... lol They have no clue how good they have it. Imagine 30-40% less power. Hahaha
Not understanding much about how this tuner works, I have concerns about running too lean at altitude. I would assume it would run rich, but again, I don't know. Rich isn't so bad. Burn more gas and fouling plugs is much more preferable over running lean and burning pistons.
Your MAP sensor input (speed density) system will compensate for elevation, i am in the process of installing 02 bungs so i can data log AFR at elevation.

· Pro UTV Parts KRX
2021 KRX
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #397 ·
@craigstumph
Thanks,
Bob

Dynojet will rewrite any tunes that don't work correctly at altitude. Info sent.

· Pro UTV Parts KRX
2021 KRX
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #398 ·
High altitude KRX tips.

1. The RCOR clutch kit has the lightest weights we have tested and will work at altitude.
2. MFN fuel rail will help balance the #2 lean condition.
3. Take out the spark arrestor and gut the cat to lean out the KRX if it's not backfiring now. Backfiring means your running lean.

· Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,879 Posts
I don't want to lean it out. My fear is a tuner would cause it to run lean and I think the KRX is set fairly lean from the factory. It's also illegal to run without a spark arrestor in Colorado. Way to dry here to do that.

381 - 398 of 439 Posts