Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

101 - 120 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
472 Posts
So you don’t have to leave it plugged in after you set the tune right?

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
472 Posts
I’m going on a trip to Virginia June 4th. I’m contemplating getting one. Are there any known negatives about it?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I’m going on a trip to Virginia June 4th. I’m contemplating getting one. Are there any known negatives about it?
I am still waiting on mine from rocky,,,going on 14 days in transit with fed x... You'll be happier with one it will change your machine for the better

·
Registered
130 Posts
Me being a tight wad...cost is the only negative. I am so glad I went this route rather than the mail in tune. An example, I'm working with a tuner to fine tune ours a bit. Sunday wife and I take it out back roading and I had her drive. Started with my tuners tune, drove 5-6 miles. I said pull over, I want you to try this tune (Dynajet) and see if you can tell the difference. 3-4 minutes we are off again with a different tune. The brand X tune needs a little refining but the point is, you can do it so quick and be going again. The other thing is datalogging and the diagnostic readings. Actually while riding that day I datalogged both tunes and sent them to my tuner. It's the way to go for us.

·
Registered
165 Posts

If you want to have a great trip get you the pv3. I had a buddy drive the krx the day I got it and a few other times since then. I wanted him to try it with the pv3 installed, and he noticed the throttle response and the acceleration right away. If I could only have 1 thing on the krx for a trip, it would be the pv3.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Me being a tight wad...cost is the only negative. I am so glad I went this route rather than the mail in tune. An example, I'm working with a tuner to fine tune ours a bit. Sunday wife and I take it out back roading and I had her drive. Started with my tuners tune, drove 5-6 miles. I said pull over, I want you to try this tune (Dynajet) and see if you can tell the difference. 3-4 minutes we are off again with a different tune. The brand X tune needs a little refining but the point is, you can do it so quick and be going again. The other thing is datalogging and the diagnostic readings. Actually while riding that day I datalogged both tunes and sent them to my tuner. It's the way to go for us.
so here’s the million dollar question,what does ur tuner charge in comparison to a one and done like the force tune.and do uhave to pack around a laptop to make the up grades.and I would assume u have to have internet connection on the trail

·
Registered
96 Posts
so here’s the million dollar question,what does ur tuner charge in comparison to a one and done like the force tune.and do uhave to pack around a laptop to make the up grades.and I would assume u have to have internet connection on the trail
[/QUOTEfrom what I see , I work only 15 minutes away from this pv3 outfit in north Las Vegas.might have to go check them out and see if u can just walk through the door and have a conversation ]

·
Registered
267 Posts
Heres the million dollar answer... You would assume wrong on everything. No need to carry around a laptop on the trail. Once you download the tune (which should be pre loaded) simply plug in the tuner and flash. No internet needed and no laptop either. The whole point in having a tuner instead of a "one and done" is you can flash it yourself or reflash back to stock or flash more tunes that come out. You can load 100's of tunes if they are available on the tuner and flash as much as you like without having to mail it out and wait. mmmkay!

·
Registered
130 Posts
In my case, I'm a tester and am not paying for a tune. I data log and give opinions on his tunes. He doesn't have a lot of experience with this machine but knows "tuning" in general very well.
If you go this route, you can tune it yourself as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
In my case, I'm a tester and am not paying for a tune. I data log and give opinions on his tunes. He doesn't have a lot of experience with this machine but knows "tuning" in general very well.
So your "guy" is creating tunes within the PV3 software for you to test?

·
Registered
165 Posts

Your exactly right about 1 thing, and that you’re one and done with a vfj tune. What happens if you change something on your machine? You have to play nice with him forever, and hope he will reflash you for free. And you can’t ride your krx while the ecm is in the mail either. Your pv3 holds tunes, and can flash the krx in minutes. The laptop is for designing your own tunes and sending data back to dynojet if ever needed. I see no downside to the pv3. The million dollar question is why go with vfj or anyone now over the pv3? The pv3 let’s you delete trouble codes also. Plus the pv3 let’s you watch a bunch of different real time activities going on inside the krx engine and related systems. The pv3 let’s you flash back to stock tuning also, incase your son in law wants to try your krx. Or the daughters boyfriend wants to take a spin.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
849 Posts
That’s one of the advantages of a PV3. There are people out there that can write tunes based off of input you send to them. You literally can have a personalized tune made for you.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Heres the million dollar answer... You would assume wrong on everything. No need to carry around a laptop on the trail. Once you download the tune (which should be pre loaded) simply plug in the tuner and flash. No internet needed and no laptop either. The whole point in having a tuner instead of a "one and done" is you can flash it yourself or reflash back to stock or flash more tunes that come out. You can load 100's of tunes if they are available on the tuner and flash as much as you like without having to mail it out and wait. mmmkay!
yes, my "guy" is creating tunes in PowerCore software.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yea I get all that,previously regarding tuning there was some discussion that some purchased tunes actually hurt the engine.possibly over timing or over reving or too lean.does anybody know what input sensors are used on the krx compared to a modern day car?does it have a mass air flow sensor,does it have a knock sensor to prevent detonation?Or does it just have temp sensors a map sensor and a single o 2 sensor along w a crank ,cam sensor.

101 - 120 of 161 Posts