Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

81 - 100 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Bama; Thanks guess i can try it and always return to stock if i need better mileage on certain trips.

Or just try to drive it with the eco notification on as much as possible. I’m trying to see how much gas it uses over a longer time though. I have 93 octane in it and I also still added a little bit of the octane booster to the gas cans. But really I haven’t found a downside to the pv3 tuner.

·
Registered
2000 white KRX
460 Posts
No flaws as well
Love the part for my unit runs way cooler
I also dropped stock coolant and added engine ice at the same time rode it for 75 miles at Hatfield and McCoy trail system and the highest temperature ever received was 179° On tuff terrain

I would not buy someone else’s flash at this point and at this point this is the best tuner and flash u will need.

·
Vendor
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Get them here:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Or just try to drive it with the eco notification on as much as possible. I’m trying to see how much gas it uses over a longer time though. I have 93 octane in it and I also still added a little bit of the octane booster to the gas cans. But really I haven’t found a downside to the pv3 tuner.
Might be doing a trip with 250 miles between fuel stops so i was trying to figure out how much gas i need to carry.
Thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
Might be doing a trip with 250 miles between fuel stops so i was trying to figure out how much gas i need to carry.
Thanks
I’d want the tank filled plus 12 gallons in fuel with me. Maybe 15 plus the tank filled. I’m still checking my mpg.

·
Registered
130 Posts
So pv3 is ordered. Do the instructions tell you where the plug in plug is? And where is it?
I had to take out my center dash to get to it. Two phillips and like 6 push pins. The plug is zip tied to a metal bar. Cut the tie and guide it over toward where your right knee is. Plug is white.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great, I use the low power mode to keep things "buttery smooth" when I'm either driving slow in the rough steep stuff, or if I just want to go cruising with my wife on some of the endless high desert trails here in NW Arizona.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
So got my pv3 today pretty easy install even with my old knees and back. So mine came loaded with one tune and on Dynojets website they list two. Anyone notice any difference in the 2 tunes. Trying mine out tomorrow.

·
Registered
50 Posts
So got my pv3 today pretty easy install even with my old knees and back. So mine came loaded with one tune and on Dynojets website they list two. Anyone notice any difference in the 2 tunes. Trying mine out tomorrow.
1 is for the California model and the other is the rest of the US models. Think the pv3 will only show u the correct one for your ecu.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
849 Posts
Yes, the PV3 comes with 2 tunes preloaded. When you hook it up to your buggy, it detects what factory tune you have, and then offers you the correct one to download.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Not sure. I've only flashed their KRX tune once for some baselines and never tried low power mode.
Are u running 35” tires? And do u have any idea on fuel mileage running trail and some rough stuff. I realize this is kinda of a loaded question.But I know u know

81 - 100 of 160 Posts