Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

61 - 80 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was just thinking that it is a computer and they can always be reset back to stock settings. So that response from customer service, doesnt make sense to me. I'm a mechanical engineer since I dont know crap about PCs and controls...but I know I can buy a brand new ECU if I need to someday (but that would kind of suck). Doubt that will be the case honestly. I know you can flash a normal ECM back to to stock using an SCT tuner - as long as you store/save the stock ECM settings before you tune it. I'll worry about it when/if a Turbo kit is finally released and I need to change my ECM settings I just took my VFJ tuned ECM for a ride and it definitely runs stronger. Could drift on wet very rough cement with 7 PSI in almost new stock tires (they were new anyway). That is an improvement for sure over stock!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Response from Dyno Jet
Thank you for your inquiry . We appreciate your support for our products. As it turns out, PV# is designed to work with the Stock ECM and will not work if the ECM has already been flashed. Please let me know if you have any questions.

I wonder if it has something to do with the pv3 being licensed to the one ecm it first flashes. Using the pv3 on an already flashed ecm, might override that somehow.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
To those that are using the Pv3 how does it feel over stock? Or other tunes? Trying to decide here.
Thanks

·
Registered
2000 white KRX
460 Posts
To those that are using the Pv3 how does it feel over stock? Or other tunes? Trying to decide here.
Thanks
PV3 for the win!

better acceleration better seat of pants feel. Better response, almost instant no lag
quicker overall

I had Alba tune before, all tunes seem same. Much better than stock of course for up above reasons.
for 250-400$ not like your going to get much a difference in gas aspirated. Until supercharger etc.

What you do get in PV3 is GROWTH. Not relying on one guy to send your stuff to. U have added future flexibility.
Reason for me:
Why spend money if you can’t upgrade when you can with PV3. As newer tech comes available able to upgrade by a simple download.
Check out YouTube videos on any PV3 for whatever machine older so you can see what it has done for those. And also Dynojet. They can explain in detail their product.
Hope it helps.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thanks
Everything Mike said above is right. The tunes likely aren’t very different. But the fact you have control of the flash with the Pv3 is the important thing. Change when you want, and upgrade without sending the ecm in the mail. And you aren’t stuck dealing with some asshole that can cut you off, and leave you stuck with a tune if you ever upgrade your krx, or have issues with the mail order tuner. The pv3 tune gave my krx the throttle response that I was missing. And it doesn’t bog in low rpm. Also it seems to run cooler, and the fan kicks on 4 degrees earlier. The pv3 is the first thing I would do if I bought a new krx tomorrow.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Everything Mike said above is right. The tunes likely aren’t very different. But the fact you have control of the flash with the Pv3 is the important thing. Change when you want, and upgrade without sending the ecm in the mail. And you aren’t stuck dealing with some asshole that can cut you off, and leave you stuck with a tune if you ever upgrade your krx, or have issues with the mail order tuner. The pv3 tune gave my krx the throttle response that I was missing. And it doesn’t bog in low rpm. Also it seems to run cooler, and the fan kicks on 4 degrees earlier. The pv3 is the first thing I would do if I bought a new krx tomorrow.
Is anyone noticing any difference in fuel mileage?

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I'm guessing I can't use it for my wife and my krx's? Would need to buy 2 of them?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
So I'm guessing I can't use it for my wife and my krx's? Would need to buy 2 of them?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
You only need 1 PV3. It comes with 1 license. You can add additional ecu licences for $200 each. The PV3 also works with all the other brands, you just need the correct cable and flash the correct firmware to it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Is anyone noticing any difference in fuel mileage?

I think I’m getting less mileage because the tuner made the machine so much more fun to drive. The throttle response makes you drive the machine harder. At least this is my theory. Since I noticed I’m using more gas with the pv3.

61 - 80 of 160 Posts