Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

261 - 270 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
2014 T2 SE, 2021 KRX 1000 TE
34 Posts
Are you running the PV3 now? If not it will definitely help. I am running a modified stock muffler and had the same issue after the mod when using the stock tune. The PV3 eliminated 90% of the popping. I still get an occasional pop, usually on a downhill when using the throttle to overcome some of the engine braking.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Is anyone running this tune with a mbrp muffler? I’m getting a lot of backfiring and popping with mine.

I run this and get very little to almost no backfiring. And very slight when it does happen. I will also add, when I first installed the PV3 I got a lot of backfiring (about like the stock tune) but after loading the updates, it's 90 percent better...to the point of being a non issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 T2 SE, 2021 KRX 1000 TE
34 Posts
Figured out how to get more power in reverse. Posted it in the Engine/Transmission forum.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Backfire and popping is caused by a running lean condition, which a freer flowing exhaust will tend to do. My Vforce John tune richens up the mixture, to the point where I have a bit of black soot on my exhaust tip. I've drilled the cat out of stock muffler and rarely get any popping but occasionally on a long deacceleration. Any tune should richen up the mixture. Lean = heat.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Only 50 or so. I’m still in break in period. I was hoping after that it would get better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It likely will if your still pussy footing around with it. Go on a 20 mile ride and drive it like it’s meant to be, after your break in.

261 - 270 of 270 Posts