Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

241 - 260 of 270 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,025 Posts
To those that have updated the PV3 to the latest tunes. Please elaborate on the full throttle reverse. I have updated mine and I don't think I have full throttle reverse...sure don't feel like it anyway. Let me know please.
Give the boys over at DynoJet a ring to make sure you got everything correct.

·
Registered
78 Posts
To those that have updated the PV3 to the latest tunes. Please elaborate on the full throttle reverse. I have updated mine and I don't think I have full throttle reverse...sure don't feel like it anyway. Let me know please.
It's available if you do your own tune. The custom tune provided by DJ doesn't mention full reverse added. I would assume they would add that as an additional tune on their website at some point. They may also send you their tune with that added if you contact them.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,025 Posts
Call DynoJet (or email) and ask them to add it to the next update.

What did the last update add then?

·
Registered
162 Posts
It's available if you do your own tune. The custom tune provided by DJ doesn't mention full reverse added. I would assume they would add that as an additional tune on their website at some point. They may also send you their tune with that added if you contact them.
I see. By reading the earlier comments I misunderstood and thought the full reverse was added via the update.

·
Registered
2014 T2 SE, 2021 KRX 1000 TE
34 Posts
Was hoping to go out tomorrow and find out, but the weather does not want to cooperate. Kept a copy of the older version in case.

·
Premium Member
2000 white KRX
579 Posts
Was hoping to go out tomorrow and find out, but the weather does not want to cooperate. Kept a copy of the older version in case.
Seen higher rpm just for a bit as well when doing the PV3 and their flash. Seemed to go away real quick. Also on start up until warms seemed to be that way.

being and having the PV3 I was able to purchase the trinity flash/map for my full exhaust, and it’s spot on!

good all around, not running rich, no back fire. Good acceleration Low end is great etc.

Really like the ability to “house” different mapping for what is current on machine, plus ability to upgrade as I upgrade with machine.

supercharger comes, boom mapping... all set!

new air intake in future, new mapping...

you name it. Endless possibilities

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just got home. Just to be clear, I am speaking of the revised Dynojet tune for download. Although the tune number is the same(1701101.djt), the new file is slightly smaller at 25,936 bytes vrs 25,968 bytes for the older version. My main thought is that new version has a more aggressive throttle tip-in and roll on almost to the point of being excessive. This also gives the impression that there is a stronger mid-range pull. I don't have the PV3 permanently connected so I couldn't read throttle input versus actual position to determine if there is a actual increase in mid-range power. There is also not enough room at Hidden Falls to look at top end performance for either of the tunes. With the type of riding I do, more rock and technical, I actually prefer the original tune with the less aggressive tip-in and will be re-installing it. If I were riding in the dunes or more high speed terrain I would keep the current tune. I really like the fact that you can easily swap tunes back and forth.

·
Premium Member
2000 white KRX
579 Posts
Just got home. Just to be clear, I am speaking of the revised Dynojet tune for download. Although the tune number is the same(1701101.djt), the new file is slightly smaller at 25,936 bytes vrs 25,968 bytes for the older version. My main thought is that new version has a more aggressive throttle tip-in and roll on almost to the point of being excessive. This also gives the impression that there is a stronger mid-range pull. I don't have the PV3 permanently connected so I couldn't read throttle input versus actual position to determine if there is a actual increase in mid-range power. There is also not enough room at Hidden Falls to look at top end performance for either of the tunes. With the type of riding I do, more rock and technical, I actually prefer the original tune with the less aggressive tip-in and will be re-installing it. If I were riding in the dunes or more high speed terrain I would keep the current tune. I really like the fact that you can easily swap tunes back and forth.
Thanks for input. Loving mine

·
Registered
34 Posts
OK, I just figured out how to view the comparisons of the two files using Power Core software. It turns out there are no differences between the two revisions. Maybe it was just a psycho-butilogical thing. I did find the differences between the stock and the tune files though. Hey I did figure out how to turn off the seat belt warning and limiter and how to increase the reverse power. Time to start playing.

·
Premium Member
2000 white KRX
579 Posts
OK, I just figured out how to view the comparisons of the two files using Power Core software. It turns out there are no differences between the two revisions. Maybe it was just a psycho-butilogical thing. I did find the differences between the stock and the tune files though. Hey I did figure out how to turn off the seat belt warning and limiter and how to increase the reverse power. Time to start playing.
I seen two tunes on there before. Haven’t looked as of late.
thought one was California and other same but not Cali...

glad you are finding other things there.
I did the seatbelt thing with pin connector thingy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wonder if anyone is working on an over-run/crackle tune. My buddy has this style tune on his Audi and it sounds pretty cool. You'd have to be catless, but I think the sound would be worth the trade-off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is anyone running this tune with a mbrp muffler? I’m getting a lot of backfiring and popping with mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2000 white KRX
579 Posts
Is anyone running this tune with a mbrp muffler? I’m getting a lot of backfiring and popping with mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m running full trinity exhaust
But I’m using Dynojet PV3 with flash tune from trinity for exact match.
when doing so seems popping is gone, and the richness.
Check with mbrp? Maybe have tune for it

241 - 260 of 270 Posts