Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the KRX 1000eS and received my dynojet pv3 today, plugged it in, it read the stock ECU, then I got this message:

It has the original two tunes for the KRX on it, firmware updated. Only thing I can think of is they are not compatible with the 1000eS. Anyone out there with a 1000eS have trouble with the Dynojet?

·
Registered
2014 T2 SE, 2021 KRX 1000 TE
77 Posts
It looks like it read your stock files, which means at least the unit is compatible. I also looked at the Dynjet web site and it shows no listing for the ES model. I would assume the ES's electronic suspension calibrations are not written into the supplied tune files and the PV3 therefore cannot write the the tune files to the PCM because it would be missing information. I would like to look at the tune file and the stock file themselves to see what the differences are. There is a good possibility that the stock portion of the suspension file can be copied to the included tune file and make it compatible or that the differences in the tune file can be copied to the stock file and saved as a new file. IM sent.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks like it read your stock files, which means at least the unit is compatible. I also looked at the Dynjet web site and it shows no listing for the ES model. I would assume the ES's electronic suspension calibrations are not written into the supplied tune files and the PV3 therefore cannot write the the tune files to the PCM because it would be missing information. I would like to look at the tune file and the stock file themselves to see what the differences are. There is a good possibility that the stock portion of the suspension file can be copied to the included tune file and make it compatible or that the differences in the tune file can be copied to the stock file and saved as a new file.
This was my thought as well. They do sell a kit on the website marketed for the 1000eS that comes with the clutch weights and the dynojet, so I am assuming at least they are working on a tune. Unfortunately I do not have the know-how to pull off what you suggested above. The other thing is that the eS is 4" wider and not sure how that might affect whatever the new tune does. I will touch base with them this morning if I can. I will update everyone if I get one.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,120 Posts
Yes call DynoJet, they’re a great group of guys to work with. They’ll get ya up and running in no time. Keep us informed.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I sent you a message on how to send the stock file. Click your Icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen(account details) and click conversations.The extra width should not have any bearing on the tunes, only the electronic suspension.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,245 Posts
This was my thought as well. They do sell a kit on the website marketed for the 1000eS that comes with the clutch weights and the dynojet, so I am assuming at least they are working on a tune. Unfortunately I do not have the know-how to pull off what you suggested above. The other thing is that the eS is 4" wider and not sure how that might affect whatever the new tune does. I will touch base with them this morning if I can. I will update everyone if I get one.
4" wider than what? It is the same size as every other KRX.

Manufacturer
Kawasaki
Model Year
Model
Teryx KRX 1000 eS
Model Code
KRF1000DMFNL
Color
Metallic Onyx Black
BRAKES/WHEELS/TIRES
Brakes
Front - Dual hydraulic discs with two-piston calipers
Rear - Dual hydraulic discs with single-piston calipers
Engine Braking
Wheels
Alloy with bead-lock
Tires
Front / Rear - MAXXIS Carnivore 31 x 10.00R15 8PR
DIMENSIONS
Length

Overall - 132.1 in.
Height
Overall - 77 in.
Width

Overall - 68.1 in.
Weight
Curb - 1,947.0 lb.** (**Curb weight includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90 percent capacity) and tool kit (if supplied).)
Ground Clearance
Standard - 14 in.
Max. - 14.4 in.
Wheelbase
98.8 in.
Turning Radius
20.3 ft.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
4" wider than what? It is the same size as every other KRX.

Manufacturer
Kawasaki
Model Year
Model
Teryx KRX 1000 eS
Model Code
KRF1000DMFNL
Color
Metallic Onyx Black
BRAKES/WHEELS/TIRES
Brakes
Front - Dual hydraulic discs with two-piston calipers
Rear - Dual hydraulic discs with single-piston calipers
Engine Braking
Wheels
Alloy with bead-lock
Tires
Front / Rear - MAXXIS Carnivore 31 x 10.00R15 8PR
DIMENSIONS
Length

Overall - 132.1 in.
Height
Overall - 77 in.
Width

Overall - 68.1 in.
Weight
Curb - 1,947.0 lb.** (**Curb weight includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90 percent capacity) and tool kit (if supplied).)
Ground Clearance
Standard - 14 in.
Max. - 14.4 in.
Wheelbase
98.8 in.
Turning Radius
20.3 ft.
Yes, you're right, was remembering my can am at 64"...

·
Registered
77 Posts
I got your file, but could not open it. It said "no description available for download". I did send two unlocked files that you can copy to your PV3 to see if they might show up on available tunes. Here is a brief description of what I sent.
Tune Descriptions

171101HPRu.djt

This is the standard Dynojet tune with the reverse remapped to match the low gear power levels in both high and low power modes.

1701101LOu.djt

This tune has the timing map that only has a one degree advance over stock at higher rpm and throttle settings. It retains the Dynojet rev limit increase, fueling, and throttle maps. This allows the use of 87 octane fuel with the better throttle response, slight power increase, and reduced exhaust popping. It has the reverse remapped to match the low gear power levels in both high and low power modes.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got your file, but could not open it. It said "no description available for download". I did send two unlocked files that you can copy to your PV3 to see if they might show up on available tunes. Here is a brief description of what I sent.
Tune Descriptions

171101HPRu.djt

This is the standard Dynojet tune with the reverse remapped to match the low gear power levels in both high and low power modes.

1701101LOu.djt

This tune has the timing map that only has a one degree advance over stock at higher rpm and throttle settings. It retains the Dynojet rev limit increase, fueling, and throttle maps. This allows the use of 87 octane fuel with the better throttle response, slight power increase, and reduced exhaust popping. It has the reverse remapped to match the low gear power levels in both high and low power modes.
Thank you I really appreciate it. I tried to download the software last night but never got it to work, maybe my internet was slow. I will see how these work once I get to the house.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just spoke with Dynojet again. Apparently the .stk file is "not the same" as the other .stk files for other KRX's. I am not sure what that means but the off shoot is that it will require more than some small changes and sending over a new tune. Apparently there are about 687 tables they need to look through and go over. He did say that the ECU was the same as other KRX machines so I am not sure how that squares with such a diffenet .stk file. Nonetheless he said he should have a new tune file tomorrow. This is likely the reason the .djt files did not work. He did mention that it was a different "compat" file. Again, a little greek to me.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One step forward, two steps back.

OK the boys over at Dynojet really have been working hard, we're just not making progress. Earlier today I got an email with a new .djt file for the eS. Placed it in the wrong spot in the file, nothing happened, had to call back and have them help me place it in the right spot. Finally, got the "all files in place" or something like that screen and started to move forward. Told me my vehicle was not paired and would I like to... Sure, kinda like a EULA, what choice do I really have? Then started to flash the tune and got this:

Curses, foiled again!!

At this point it was past 5 on the west coast, so I will try again early next week. If anyone has any other thoughts please send em my way, otherwise sit tight, hopefully this soap opera has a happy ending.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was finally able to open your stock tune and made some mods for you to try. Sent the tune this morning. Hope it takes and works. On edit, you may want to see if they included a firmware update for your PV3 on their site for the compatibility issue.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was finally able to open your stock tune and made some mods for you to try. Sent the tune this morning. Hope it takes and works. On edit, you may want to see if they included a firmware update for your PV3 on their site for the compatibility issue.
You nailed it, they updated the firmware and I will need to update my device and then the flash should work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts