Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have driveshaft vibration and bearing failure? I believe my carrier bearing is shot, but I also think the slip joint in the rear has too much play in it. 650 miles on this KRX and it will be the 3rd time it is in for a warranty issue

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
received a call from the dealer today... the input shaft of the differential has slop to it and it making noise. Kawasaki is having the dealer replace the front differential

·
Registered
2020 Krx 1000
147 Posts
I know it can be a PITA, but Kawasaki does stand by their product and takes care of its customers. And let’s not forget, this is a first year production car, so with that will come tweaking over the next couple of years.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know it can be a PITA, but Kawasaki does stand by their product and takes care of its customers. And let’s not forget, this is a first year production car, so with that will come tweaking over the next couple of years.
Absolutely, I still like this machine way more than the rzr turbo I had prior. And the 3 warranty issues have been a breeze so far. No questions asked by Kawasaki

·
Registered
2 Posts
anyone have driveshaft vibration and bearing failure? I believe my carrier bearing is shot, but I also think the slip joint in the rear has too much play in it. 650 miles on this KRX and it will be the 3rd time it is in for a warranty issue
I haven't had any vibration, but I do have a "clunking" sound when I hit a bump that feels like its under the floor, possibly in the tunnel area. I checked all the suspension that I could see and didn't see any problems anywhere. I took it to the dealer I bought it at and they couldn't find anything. Of course all they are doing is driving it around the parking lot and hitting a speed bump a few times. It has me worried that something is going to fail. I may take it to another dealer and see what they say. I haven't had any performance issues, but the "clunk" is annoying. Anybody else have this clunking sound?

·
Registered
2020 Krx 1000
147 Posts
Yup, as Alex said, the crossover rings are the source of many people’s clunking sound.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anything I can do to fix that?

or just get used to having good shocks and listen to the clunk lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts