Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have driveshaft vibration and bearing failure? I believe my carrier bearing is shot, but I also think the slip joint in the rear has too much play in it. 650 miles on this KRX and it will be the 3rd time it is in for a warranty issue

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
received a call from the dealer today... the input shaft of the differential has slop to it and it making noise. Kawasaki is having the dealer replace the front differential

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,246 Posts
I know it can be a PITA, but Kawasaki does stand by their product and takes care of its customers. And let’s not forget, this is a first year production car, so with that will come tweaking over the next couple of years.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know it can be a PITA, but Kawasaki does stand by their product and takes care of its customers. And let’s not forget, this is a first year production car, so with that will come tweaking over the next couple of years.
Absolutely, I still like this machine way more than the rzr turbo I had prior. And the 3 warranty issues have been a breeze so far. No questions asked by Kawasaki

·
Registered
29 Posts
anyone have driveshaft vibration and bearing failure? I believe my carrier bearing is shot, but I also think the slip joint in the rear has too much play in it. 650 miles on this KRX and it will be the 3rd time it is in for a warranty issue
I haven't had any vibration, but I do have a "clunking" sound when I hit a bump that feels like its under the floor, possibly in the tunnel area. I checked all the suspension that I could see and didn't see any problems anywhere. I took it to the dealer I bought it at and they couldn't find anything. Of course all they are doing is driving it around the parking lot and hitting a speed bump a few times. It has me worried that something is going to fail. I may take it to another dealer and see what they say. I haven't had any performance issues, but the "clunk" is annoying. Anybody else have this clunking sound?

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,246 Posts
Yup, as Alex said, the crossover rings are the source of many people’s clunking sound.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anything I can do to fix that?

or just get used to having good shocks and listen to the clunk lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bumping this topic back up. My machine at 650 miles has developed a bad vibration at 50 mph. Anyone else had any similar issues? I checked the rear u joint didn't seem bad. Guessing I'll start looking toward the carrier bearing next. After a year of ownership, I'm really hoping this isn't the start of things to come. The exact reason I got rid of my Polaris.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,352 Posts
Bumping this topic back up. My machine at 650 miles has developed a bad vibration at 50 mph. Anyone else had any similar issues? I checked the rear u joint didn't seem bad. Guessing I'll start looking toward the carrier bearing next. After a year of ownership, I'm really hoping this isn't the start of things to come. The exact reason I got rid of my Polaris.
Is there noise with the vibration?

·
Registered
Las Vegas, NV
116 Posts
On my last ride we were running a 10 mile section of pavement, averaging about 55mph. It was a blinding rain storm, left it in 4wd and I noticed a vibration. On another fast trail section, felt the same vibration in 4wd. I took it out of 4wd and vibration went away.

Reactions: BobX2

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,447 Posts
On my last ride we were running a 10 mile section of pavement, averaging about 55mph. It was a blinding rain storm, left it in 4wd and I noticed a vibration. On another fast trail section, felt the same vibration in 4wd. I took it out of 4wd and vibration went away.
This is normal with any 4x4 vehicle I've ever driven. I only use 4x4 when doing some slow trail riding/rock crawling or snowy/slick conditions. I can see where it could cause problems if a person were to ride with it in 4x4 all the time at speed. That's why they give us a switch... :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Carrier bearing failure would be a lot more noticeable than just a clunk. Like Bob said, some noise and clunks are normal in 4x4. Even some deep howing noise is normal due to having an additional axle engaged. You aren’t going to hurt your machine running on pavement or the trail, but you’re going to have some noise in 4WD since it’s physically impossible for the front and rear to spin at different speeds. Many term it “ratcheting”, especially when turning on dry pavement. FYI, don’t run long periods of time on dry pavement in 4WD. It’s very easy to overheat the front diff and engagement clutch. Applies to all part time 4WD systems.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Carrier bearing failure would be a lot more noticeable than just a clunk. Like Bob said, some noise and clunks are normal in 4x4. Even some deep howing noise is normal due to having an additional axle engaged. You aren’t going to hurt your machine running on pavement or the trail, but you’re going to have some noise in 4WD since it’s physically impossible for the front and rear to spin at different speeds. Many term it “ratcheting”, especially when turning on dry pavement. FYI, don’t run long periods of time on dry pavement in 4WD. It’s very easy to overheat the front diff and engagement clutch. Applies to all part time 4WD systems.
Also do not disengage while moving fast 10-15mph or more on pavement, mine sounded like something exploding, a big bang. On dirt no problem.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
82 Posts
I’m having the same issue. ‘21 with 100 miles and started vibrating while in 4wd. Anything over 6 or so mph and you can feel the machine vibrate. I hate to drop it off at the dealer but I’ve only had it a few weeks and don’t feel like pulling it apart.

Reactions: TripleB

·
Registered
2021 KRX1000 BLUE
176 Posts
I’m having the same issue. ‘21 with 100 miles and started vibrating while in 4wd. Anything over 6 or so mph and you can feel the machine vibrate. I hate to drop it off at the dealer but I’ve only had it a few weeks and don’t feel like pulling it apart.
That low in mileage you should take it back because that is low speed vibration. I found i had some weird noises and almost like a vibration in my first 20 miles. As it turned out i had a few huge bolts and nuts rolling around in my belly pan. Took me 3 hours to get them out so i know they were dropped and the assembler just got new hardware.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts