Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

The driver door on my wifes KRX has got a ton of up/down play in the driver door hinge. With the door open, you can gently lift up and down and I bet there is close to an inch of play. Wife says it was that way when we bought it and it rattles like hell. Passenger side not as bad. Friend of ours with one just like ours has like zero play in either door and no rattle. How hard is it to remove the doors and get to the hinge bushings?

Thanks

·
Registered
2020 Krx 1000
147 Posts
Pull the door skin so you can get to the hinge. Not hard at all. You can pretty much take apart the whole car with just some simple tools.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, last night I took the door apart and got a good look at the hinges/bushings. The issue was, the shoulder of the bushing had raised out of the hinge bracket so it didn't "bush" anything and left slop. There is too much up and down slop in the hinges that can leave room for the bushing shoulder to pop out. I found a couple of plastic washers and cut a little V notch out and raised the pin all the way up and inserted the washer in around the hinge pin to take up the slack. Door is tight. I'll probably have to re-address it down the road but for now it's at least as good as factory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts