Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 KRX with 2,600 miles. I replaced the original belt at 1,940 miles when it started "chirping" at takeoff. I replaced it myself with an OEM belt. I cleaned the sheaves before installing the new belt. Now at 2,600 miles I'm having the same screeching sound at takeoff. It sounds like the belt is slipping.
Any one else having issues ?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,382 Posts
I have a 2020 KRX with 2,600 miles. I replaced the original belt at 1,940 miles when it started "chirping" at takeoff. I replaced it myself with an OEM belt. I cleaned the sheaves before installing the new belt. Now at 2,600 miles I'm having the same screeching sound at takeoff. It sounds like the belt is slipping.
Any one else having issues ?
I’d there any grooves in the sheaves? I also have an early 2020 and I’m having the whole primary/clutch drive replaced. Yours could have the same issue.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,382 Posts
How often are you taking the cover off and blowing all the dirt and dust out of the clutch probably should do it every 250 miles or so.
My picture taken above was at 760 miles. It was actually really clean and I rode in the desert.

·
Registered
132 Posts
mine has 875 miles and i have blown it out 3 times unbelievable how much dust and belt dust that is in the clutch

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've averaged about 150 miles between blowouts. It doesn't look bad until you start blowing and it is really dirty. Best do it outside and not in a shop or garage. Pretty huge dust cloud will come out. I've been told the Gboost belt seems to keep it cleaner.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,382 Posts
I ride in the same terrain as you. I guarantee you stick the end of the air nozzle in the primary, you’ll be picking out black boogies for 2 days!!
I did, not much came out. But it is defective. I have also taken apart the pre filter and frog skin a few times to clean it out. It was really dusty in there. I’m sure that helped.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,257 Posts
Pictures of my weights at only 350 miles.

You can see the soot in the channel underneath where the weight goes.

I used a magnet to install the new weights, instead of a screwdriver to line things up for the pin. I didn’t want to mar anything up.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,382 Posts
Pictures of my weights at only 350 miles.
View attachment 3842
View attachment 3843
View attachment 3844
You can see the soot in the channel underneath where the weight goes.
View attachment 3845
I used a magnet to install the new weights, instead of a screwdriver to line things up for the pin. I didn’t want to mar anything up.
View attachment 3846
The wear looks pretty good. Mine are trashed lol especially the rollers some of them wouldn’t even move #defective

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,257 Posts
The wear looks pretty good. Mine are trashed lol especially the rollers some of them wouldn’t even move #defective View attachment 3847
If you look closely at my factory weight, you’ll see some pretty good pitting starting.
I have the beginning stage of a groove starting at the top of the sheave, so I cleaned the entire clutch sheaves real good with scotch bright pads and wiped them down with brake cleaner. I’ll keep an eye on things to see if it gets worse with the new belt.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,382 Posts
If you look closely at my factory weight, you’ll see some pretty good pitting starting.
I have the beginning stage of a groove starting at the top of the sheave, so I cleaned the entire clutch sheaves real good with scotch bright pads and wiped them down with brake cleaner. I’ll keep an eye on things to see if it gets worse with the new belt.
Do you have an early 2020 machine

1 - 20 of 38 Posts