Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had problems with the top of your doors separating on the top? If so any luck on warranty.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
391 Posts
Mine was doing it on the passenger side. I simply removed the door skin and heated up the tabs with a heat gun, then bent them up (or down, I can’t remember) so they would stay locked in place. No problems since.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I came across a guy who placed 2” adhesive backed neoprene on the top and it looked good while giving a little cushion. May stop getting skin pinched as well. I am looking to do the same. Will try to post pics.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Passenger door started squeaking recently and it has to be part of same issue because if held the squeak stops. Appreciate the info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here are a few photos of the 2" neoprene I added to the top of the doors. I got this on amazon. The adhesive is very strong. No issues power washing or coming undone. I think it looks good as well, almost as if it could come that way from factory. Anyway...just a share....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
391 Posts
I like the way that came out Toolman, I’m curious to see how it holds up to elbow use. Hopefully it doesn’t start shredding away. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like the way that came out Toolman, I’m curious to see how it holds up to elbow use. Hopefully it doesn’t start shredding away. Keep us posted.
Will do. This is with 3 rides. I figured I can always replace if it wears. It came in a roll for around $17 for 16'

·
Registered
169 Posts
(y) This was on my list of things to research and do. If my KRX is ever ready to pick up (got pushed yet another day), I already have a pile of adds and "fixes" sitting in the shop waiting. Thanks so much for this fourm!

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
391 Posts
Me too. I noticed mine starting to come apart on the drivers door in places there weren’t any tabs.

Hmmm, maybe we can use it as a forum identifier, if you run into someone on the trails with it, we know where you got the idea!!:LOL::LOL:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts