Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
A rzr only adds a little over 200 lbs when you go from a 2 to a 4 seater in the regular 1000 xp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
If you, as a manufacturer, are going to release a new sport side by side into the market then I would say Polaris did it right with the XP Pro. Now I am not talking about the machine itself, lets leave the argument of how good it is/isn't, looks etc. to the side, but talk about how they brought it to market.

In the first year they brought out a turbo 2 seat and 4 seat model, and left room for a N/A and "S" model to follow up with. To me they hit the nail on the head as far as introducing a new model is concerned. They brought what I would term mid level performance out in the first year in both a 2 and 4 seat format. This left the door open make everyone happy in year two. First with a less expensive N/A version in the second year (although I would bet that turbo models will still outsell any N/A by 2-to-1 unless they come out with a killer new N/A powerplant) which will satisfy those who do not want to spend turbo money, and do not necessarily need the power. Second, they also left the door open for the new "Pro R" 72" version with a sequential transmission for the pure performance crowd. I think that was some pretty on point marketing strategy myself, and they brought the XP Pro out in three different levels of trim in both the 2 seat and 4 seat versions, actually four now if you count the butt ugly candy corn looking LE thing they introduced last month... but I digress.

Point being, they did it right with how they brought new models to market. Oh, and if you look at what they have sold the most of, and what is by FAR the most difficult to find right now, it is any variation of the 4 seat model. Actually any of their sport 4 seat models are pretty well picked over right now, and they are not dealing much on the Turbo S or XP Pro Ultimate's either unless you go to a wholesaler like Abernathy Polaris in Tennessee. This is all JMHO of course, with the exception of what has been selling, that is just fact lol.

·
Registered
25 Posts
wow, 200 is more than I woulda guessed. But still, you're right, it's not a huge weight increase relative to the overall weight.
My thinking is, you add 200 lbs of vehicle, add 2 more passengers and still have the same powerplant putting out 112 HP. So, it's a lot of additional weight, relative to the power.
You know people would bitch about how underpowered it felt.
So, since they are limited to 1000cc, they would pretty much have to do a turbo.
Even with a turbo, at over 2000 lbs, it wouldn't be able to keep up with any of the other turbo 4 seaters. And people would bitch about that too.
It would nice to know whether or not kawi has any interest in the 4 seater market and how they would tackle the weight/power situation.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah, I'm sticking with my first guess.
If they made a 4 seater now, they'd have to do all the same things the other brands did to shave weight and then it would have all the same weak points and failures as the other brands and it would kill the krx brand before it made it out of the box.
I think they'll stick with the 2 seater for a while and sell it/build a fan base on what the krx is good at.
They're off to a good start. I wouldn't ruin it by building a stupid heavy 4 seater, or one that breaks all the time.
I mean, that's what I would do, and I'm like a super genius.
Not sure what kawi will actually do.

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
144 Posts
I’m pretty happy overall with my KRX it’s a big bad ass looking machine compared to the competitors. Being it’s kawis first year for side by sides they did a great job. I do think the center console should have been insulated, I do think the steering knuckle issue should have been resolved. And I do think if it just had a little more power it would be the perfect machine. If a supercharger kit is coming, I’m dropping the cash on it. I have a heavy foot and where I live there’s a lot of dunes and desert. There’s also nice mud trails in some areas. The extra little bit of power would be great

21 - 27 of 27 Posts