Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think we all need to share our dealer service stories, this may be the only way dealers are held accountable for their actions. My experience is very trivial compared to some on this forum. I called Kawasaki customer service and I just get a busy signal.
DO NOT BUY from Mega Powersports Gaylord, MI
Dropped off on Tuesday March 30th, 2021
2021 Kawasaki KRX1000 SE warranty problems I stated to them.
  • Right front wheel tipped way out at bottom, wheel has too much negative camber.
  • HiFonics system will not play MP3’s from a USB stick, it will lock up the unit and switch to FM radio. Many times, while driving, using Bluetooth via Iphone the unit would quit streaming and randomly switch to FM radio.
  • Fuel gauge incorrect, at 72 miles gauge showed 1 bar of fuel, tank required only 6.2 gallons to fill it up. (10.6 gallon tank)
Thursday April 8th called
  • I asked if parts were ordered for the front end, I was told the “technician did an alignment and fixed it”, I asked how that was possible when the A-Arms have no adjustability to control Camber, he stated “yes there is, you adjust the tie rod ends! OMG!
  • What about the radio? “Tech is trying to get it to stop working, working fine so far”, and what about the MP3 USB memory stick issue, “oh, we don’t have anything like that here, do you have one?” OMG!
  • I didn’t even bother asking about the fuel gauge issue.
Friday April 9th called back and talked to the owner to let him know how upset I was, he stated Kawasaki was involved and parts were ordered, (new lower A-Arms with ball joints, new Audio head unit “on back order”). I stated I would pick it up as soon as the a-arms arrived and were installed so I could ride it. I would bring it back for the radio at a later date.

Knowing parts were due in the week of April 12th, I waited until April 15th to call them.
Thursday April 15th called back, I was told the A-arms were in but the assigned technician was off until Monday! I asked if someone else could change the A-arms so I could ride the weekend, he said he would try to get it done. I firmly stated I wanted the unit ready the beginning of the next week at the very latest, he stated “it will be ready”.
Wednesday April 21st, grabbed my spare keys, hooked up my trailer, headed for Mega Powersports around noon to pickup my KRX. Drove to the back of the building, much to my surprise, there was my machine sitting outside, same original A-arms. I immediately started it up with my spare keys and loaded it on the trailer, went inside and asked the parts counter guy for my keys. I asked why it wasn’t worked on, he didn’t know due to Technician being at lunch. He apologized for it not being finished.
There is no excuse for this! This makes me sick!
84 miles each round-trip X2! 168 miles of towing for nothing! My time and money wasted for nothing! I also missed out on several very warm days of early spring riding with friends.

P.S. The Special Edition model is the biggest waste of money out there! The sound quality is absolutely some of worst I have ever heard! It actually hurts your ears due to being so “Shrill” no matter how you adjust the equalizer. DO NOT BUY this model! It’s a waste of over $1,000.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,120 Posts
Fuel gauge incorrect, at 72 miles gauge showed 1 bar of fuel, tank required only 6.2 gallons to fill it up. (10.6 gallon tank)
Just so you know, the last 1 bar on the gauge has to start blinking, and when that happens you have approximately 3 gallons of fuel left in the tank.
So going by your fill up, your gauge is reading correctly.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,145 Posts
I think we all need to share our dealer service stories, this may be the only way dealers are held accountable for their actions. My experience is very trivial compared to some on this forum. I called Kawasaki customer service and I just get a busy signal.
Dropped off on Monday April 5th
  • Right front wheel tipped way out at bottom, wheel has too much negative camber.
  • HiFonics system will not play MP3’s from a USB stick, it will lock up the unit and switch to FM radio. Many times, while driving, using Bluetooth via Iphone, the unit would quit streaming and randomly switch to FM radio.
  • Fuel gauge incorrect, at 72 miles gauge showed 1 bar of fuel, tank required only 6.2 gallons to fill it up. (10.6 gallon tank)
Thursday April 8th called and talked to Travis
  • I asked if parts were ordered for the front end, I was told the “technician did an alignment and fixed it”, I asked how that was possible when the A-Arms have no adjustability to control Camber, he stated “yes there is, you adjust the tie rod ends! OMG!
  • What about the radio? “Tech is trying to get it to stop working, working fine so far”, and what about the MP3 USB memory stick issue, “oh, we don’t have anything like that here, do you have one?” OMG!
Friday April 9th called back and talked to the owner to let him know how upset I was, he stated Kawasaki was involved and parts were ordered, (new lower A-Arms with ball joints, new Audio head unit “on back order”). I stated I would pick it up as soon as the a-arms arrived and were installed so I could ride it. I would bring it back for the radio at a later date.

Knowing parts were due in the week of April 12th, I waited until April 15th to call them.
Thursday April 15th called back, Travis answered, he said the A-arms were in but the assigned technician was off until Monday! I asked if someone else could change the A-arms so I could ride the weekend, he said he would try to get it done. I firmly stated I wanted the unit ready the beginning of the next week at the very latest, he stated “it will be ready”.
Wednesday April 21st, grabbed my spare keys, hooked up my trailer, headed for Mega Powersports around noon to pickup my KRX. Drove to the back of the building, much to my surprise, there was my machine sitting outside, same original A-arms. I immediately started it up with my spare keys and loaded it on the trailer, went inside and asked the parts counter guy John for my keys. I asked why it wasn’t worked on, he didn’t know due to Technician being at lunch. He apologized for it not being finished.
84 miles each round-trip X2! 168 miles of towing for nothing! My time and money wasted for nothing! I also missed out on several very warm days of early spring riding with friends.

I feel I paid a premium price for this machine compared to many in this forum, due to lack of inventory and it being a Special Edition. The Special Edition model is the biggest waste of money out there! The sound quality is absolutely some of worst I have ever heard! It actually hurts your ears due to being so “Shrill” no matter how you adjust the equalizer. DO NOT BUY this model! It’s a waste of over $1,000.
Not to discredit some of the issues with your machine, but the fuel gauge issue is normal. Also before taking delivery, it would have been best to do a “once over” the entire machine. A lot of great info here. The rest of the nation just about has the same experience if not worse than you did. Myself included. Email Kawasaki directly and they will handle it for you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do you have the rear speaker pods that mount behind the seats? Makes a huge difference... I have the SE and it was worth the extra money for me. Sorry to hear about the issues with the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,145 Posts
Do you have the rear speaker pods that mount behind the seats? Makes a huge difference... I have the SE and it was worth the extra money for me. Sorry to hear about the issues with the dealer.
Love the design, hate the price for a pair of 6.5’s

·
Registered
194 Posts
Dropped off on Tuesday March 30th, 2021
  • HiFonics system will not play MP3’s from a USB stick, it will lock up the unit and switch to FM radio. Many times, while driving, using Bluetooth via Iphone the unit would quit streaming and randomly switch to FM radio.
Thursday April 8th called

Thursday April 15th called back, I was told the A-arms were in but the assigned technician was off until Monday! I asked if someone else could change the A-arms so I could ride the weekend, he said he would try to get it done. I firmly stated I wanted the unit ready the beginning of the next week at the very latest, he stated “it will be ready”.
Wednesday April 21st, grabbed my spare keys, hooked up my trailer, headed for Mega Powersports around noon to pickup my KRX. Drove to the back of the building, much to my surprise, there was my machine sitting outside, same original A-arms. I immediately started it up with my spare keys and loaded it on the trailer, went inside and asked the parts counter guy for my keys. I asked why it wasn’t worked on, he didn’t know due to Technician being at lunch. He apologized for it not being finished.

P.S. The Special Edition model is the biggest waste of money out there! The sound quality is absolutely some of worst I have ever heard! It actually hurts your ears due to being so “Shrill” no matter how you adjust the equalizer. DO NOT BUY this model! It’s a waste of over $1,000.
[/QUOTEif u read back thru the krx issue s.the camber issue on the right ft is with every machine built since day one.I completely understand ur concern.However they just tell u to suck it up,unless u want to install aftermarket a arms.]on the dirt it does not affect tire wear ,on pavement maybe different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts