Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Instead of buying some expensive "kit" for turn signals, I liked a different light style than the common 3/4" round bullet lights. On Ebay, The turn signal assy and blinker relay was only $16. The Assy has green indication lights showing that L/R turn signals are activated, a 10 pack of sleek lights was only $15. Some speaker wire was used for power. $10 Momentary horn switch was mounted in the center console.

I added mirrors and an $20 automotive loud horn from a Dodge Ram truck (I didn't want a tinny bleap bleap motorcycle can-style disk horn).

Now Just need to get it inspected at the local Kawi dealer with a form, and then off to the Dept of Licensing and I'll be street legal.

krxTURN.jpg
krxturn1.jpg
krxturn2.jpg

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
302 Posts
I can appreciate this build very much. Looks good too! Good job man! Never understood why companies like Ryco want to charge $400 for turn signals.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice
Instead of buying some expensive "kit" for turn signals, I liked a different light style than the common 3/4" round bullet lights. On Ebay, The turn signal assy and blinker relay was only $16. The Assy has green indication lights showing that L/R turn signals are activated, a 10 pack of sleek lights was only $15. Some speaker wire was used for power. $10 Momentary horn switch was mounted in the center console.

I added mirrors and an $20 automotive loud horn from a Dodge Ram truck (I didn't want a tinny bleap bleap motorcycle can-style disk horn).

Now Just need to get it inspected at the local Kawi dealer with a form, and then off to the Dept of Licensing and I'll be street legal.

View attachment 701 View attachment 702 View attachment 703
Nice and clean.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Good looking mod! Glad I don't have to worry about it.
Turn signals not mandatory in Montana, you can use your arm. Just horn, rear view mirrors, and license plate light.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Good looking mod! Glad I don't have to worry about it.
Turn signals not mandatory in Montana, you can use your arm. Just horn, rear view mirrors, and license plate light.
In Idaho we need a single mirror and a horn. Signals are needed if you plan to operate at night, otherwise hand signals are good.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not to beat a dead horse, but don't you need a lighted license plate mount?

What are opinions on the Tusk kit? Quite a bit cheaper than the RYCO

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
302 Posts
Not to beat a dead horse, but don't you need a lighted license plate mount?

What are opinions on the Tusk kit? Quite a bit cheaper than the RYCO
Depends by state, here we do. I picked up a plate bracket and light from amazon. 14.99 with frame and hardware. Wired it to the accessory plug in the back.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For my tail plate light, I just cut off the orange lens from one of my amber turn signal LED's, as I bought a 10 pack. Perfect horizontal flat spot right above the plate. Simple 2 foot wire loom to the ACC rear wire bullet connectors. I'm also soldering and heat shrink all connections. Do it right, do it once.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I've got ~$75 in parts, and maybe 6 hours of labor pulling wire, mounting lights/horn, and soldering everything. The 10 pack of LED lights worked out great

Your Time is priceless.........plus I learned tons about my machine with it open for surgery.

Added my OEM front sport bumper today, along with the warning sign "Beware of Attack Pig" for those weak prey I run into and eat on the trail.

DSCN8117.JPG

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks, my time is definitely worth paying them. I'm an old guy, plus a bass player in a Hard Rock band, rather spend 6 hours learning/tightening up new songs 😎

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks, my time is definitely worth more than $30 an hour! I'm an old guy, plus a bass player in a Hard Rock band, rather spend 6 hours😎

·
Registered
96 Posts
My 2015 trex I bought parts and did it myself. I still spent around $100 total. Next on new T4 I did Tusk kit, works pretty well. KRX I bought Ryco kit. $$ yes but easy install, less potential failure points and works very well. All are great options depending on your skills and budget. I do like Ryco best.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts