Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Blue
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After sealing up the firewalls, console and under the seats, I need to address the gaps in the doors. Most posts discuss the positive and negative qualities of the cab seal kit but I don't want to buy the kit for it's weakest component. I figure some foam weatherstripping will work for the hinge side, but what works for the bottom and latch side? Photos & product links appreciated.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Door seal kit works great with some care use push pins on ends of door jam & latch side every 2" On the door itself i cleaned with alcohol used black RTV then blue masking tape to hold in place for 24hr absolutely no problem since i did it. You will still have dust issues only solution i have found is a complete cab windshield rear front & kawa upper doors about 95% dust free now only reason for all this the princess eyes she wears gas perm lenses no goggles out there work only draw back its a little warm in the summer.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I did a diy bottom as well and need to address my doors. I may just pass on it as I literally watch dust billow in over the TOP of my doors from the front tires. I've got multiple shapes and sizes of weatherstripping I planned on trying out but never got around to doing so. My buddy got the seal kit and only used the bottom and offered me the door pieces. Maybe I'll take him up, maybe not. I read that the front door portion scuffs shit up.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,200 Posts
Hmmm. Everyone talks about how hot the KRX is. Seems that if you seal everything up tight it would be even hotter? Dust has never been an issue for me so I haven't tried to seal anything up.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Hmmm. Everyone talks about how hot the KRX is. Seems that if you seal everything up tight it would be even hotter? Dust has never been an issue for me so I haven't tried to seal anything up.
True dat. Winter needs vs summer... luckily I chose the full flip down windshield. Takes care of some heat AND dust. In the winter I need to get the gal's permission to put the windshield down. Until she gives the green light our eyes are eating grit. Have to put on goggles just to ride, even when not following anyone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It depends on what you are talking about sealing up. Sure adding a windshield and upper doors makes it much hotter but sealing around the shifter and the e-brake lever will help with heat quite a bit. It's amazing how much heat comes from around those two. I always stuff a rag around the e-brake lever and plan to get the boot that mounts upside down to seal the shifter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts