Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have not done it myself but I have heard of and seen alot of others do it with good results. I would recommend limit straps though.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Maybe for rocks / crawling only, but man with it disconnected you must get a ton of sway at anything at 20 mph and up..........it's got enough body roll as is, when cruising down the trail and cornering aggressively.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
207 Posts
That's the best mod you can do, and it's FREE! I leave the rear bar hooked up, but the front has to go. I'm a big fan of keeping all four tires on the ground as much as possible. :D It has caused zero issues when running fast, even when running hard on a local MX track. Disconnecting it also doesn't affect how much the suspension travels, so limit straps are not necessary.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's the best mod you can do, and it's FREE! I leave the rear bar hooked up, but the front has to go. I'm a big fan of keeping all four tires on the ground as much as possible. :D It has caused zero issues when running fast, even when running hard on a local MX track. Disconnecting it also doesn't affect how much the suspension travels, so limit straps are not necessary.

View attachment 759

View attachment 760

View attachment 763

View attachment 761

View attachment 762

View attachment 764

View attachment 765
I thought it looked like you had way more articulation than I do. Did you just remove the end links, or take the bar out entirely?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
207 Posts
I thought it looked like you had way more articulation than I do. Did you just remove the end links, or take the bar out entirely?
I just removed the links and tied the bar up out of the way. If I loosen up the front bumper sometime so I can get the grill out I'll remove the bar completely.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just disconnected my front and it is by far a better ride and I didn't notice any sway, felt ok to me. I will be getting limit straps just to be safe.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought I'd ask the gurus at Shock Therapy if they thought limit straps are a good Idea for this, and the answer was;
"The limit straps are not a bad idea, it will stop the shocks from making an extension clunk. If noises bother you then the limit straps are a great idea."
Which to me says if they clunk then that may be putting extra wear & tare on them too. I will probably go ahead and get the straps just to be cautious, even though I hardly ever, probably never really ride hard, its mostly just slow trail riding and rock climbing for me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I run quick disconnect links on the front of my X3 from CA Tech and wouldn't have it any other way. Great product but not sure if they are making any for the KRX

Can-Am X3 64" Front Quick Detach Sway Bar End Links

I always disconnect for slow trail riding / rock crawling. No reason to limit your travel and not have true independent front suspension.

For higher speed stuff they stay connected. Anyone who says you don't get additional body roll from disconnecting is not pushing the car hard/fast enough. You WILL get more roll at high speed.

If you decide to keep it disconnected all the time it's a good idea to move your front crossover rings down in order to engage the larger springs quicker thus reducing body roll. This is what most of the X3 shock tuners do for those who want to dump the front sway bar permanently.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I run quick disconnect links on the front of my X3 from CA Tech and wouldn't have it any other way. Great product but not sure if they are making any for the KRX

Can-Am X3 64" Front Quick Detach Sway Bar End Links

I always disconnect for slow trail riding / rock crawling. No reason to limit your travel and not have true independent front suspension.

For higher speed stuff they stay connected. Anyone who says you don't get additional body roll from disconnecting is not pushing the car hard/fast enough. You WILL get more roll at high speed.

If you decide to keep it disconnected all the time it's a good idea to move your front crossover rings down in order to engage the larger springs quicker thus reducing body roll. This is what most of the X3 shock tuners do for those who want to dump the front sway bar permanently.
Rumors of Shock Therapy E-Disco would be awesome.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Rumors of Shock Therapy E-Disco would be awesome.
Until you saw the price... I would have a hard time justifying the price of an E-disconnect when I can pop those CA Tech's on/off in under a minute. I bet if guys here start emailing CA Tech they would build them.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Until you saw the price... I would have a hard time justifying the price of an E-disconnect when I can pop those CA Tech's on/off in under a minute. I bet if guys here start emailing CA Tech they would build them.
What do they cost? I think they are around $1500 for a Jeep which would be pricey indeed.

·
Registered
154 Posts
hmmmmmm...........something to try, and if no likey for your driving style, then just bolt 'em back up. What, 10-15 minutes?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts