Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally decided and went with the bandit stage 3 springs - was undecided between stage 2 and ST springs. Install was pretty straight forward - I didnt use a spring compressor and it wasnt that bad - maybe 5 minutes a shock to get the springs loose - I am on 35's - I tested with a full load - 35" spare - my tools recovery gear etc- and filled the cooler with water - after initial setup it is sitting 18" in the rear and 17 1/4" in the front - which is a tad tall but I am expecting them to settle some on next ride - if not I will adjust the rear down a bit - If you were worried about to stiff of a ride - I dont feel it being stiff but I am heavy - granted I only have about 5 miles on the setup just ripping around the neighborhood - but noticeable difference in body roll on blacktop - I like it alot so far - but only time will tell.
-

·
Registered
649 Posts
Nice! I was under the impression they only came in black/silver. Is the Kawi green a special order? Following to hear how they work for you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! I was under the impression they only came in black/silver. Is the Kawi green a special order? Following to hear how they work for you.
I had these powder coated myself - Im anal on certain stuff and wanted them to match my kickers - they come powder coated black (stage 3) - Im not going to recommend it to anyone as it voids your warranty - BUT you can see I am not to worried about it :) I have been powder coating springs for around 15 years with all my toys and never had an issue - maybe its a regional thing - but all the girls here get pink or purple and I just color coordinate to the bike - we do them at a lower temp for a longer time - I have alot of weight on it - I left it at full load including water in cooler for 8 days now and it hasn't budged- i need to get some rides on it though and get it flexing a bit.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,263 Posts
Glad you found a powder coater that knows how to do it without damaging the spring. There’s a few people on here that would like to do theirs, can you post some info on the shop you used?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I finally decided and went with the bandit stage 3 springs - was undecided between stage 2 and ST springs. Install was pretty straight forward - I didnt use a spring compressor and it wasnt that bad - maybe 5 minutes a shock to get the springs loose - I am on 35's - I tested with a full load - 35" spare - my tools recovery gear etc- and filled the cooler with water - after initial setup it is sitting 18" in the rear and 17 1/4" in the front - which is a tad tall but I am expecting them to settle some on next ride - if not I will adjust the rear down a bit - If you were worried about to stiff of a ride - I dont feel it being stiff but I am heavy - granted I only have about 5 miles on the setup just ripping around the neighborhood - but noticeable difference in body roll on blacktop - I like it alot so far - but only time will tell. View attachment 1500 View attachment 1501 - View attachment 1498 View attachment 1499
We're going Bandit stage 3 also but they are backed up right now . They said a few more weeks to play catch up.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,478 Posts
I finally decided and went with the bandit stage 3 springs - after initial setup it is sitting 18" in the rear and 17 1/4" in the front - which is a tad tall but I am expecting them to settle some on next ride - if not I will adjust the rear down a bit - If you were worried about to stiff of a ride - I dont feel it being stiff but I am heavy - granted I only have about 5 miles on the setup just ripping around the neighborhood - but noticeable difference in body roll on blacktop - I like it alot so far - but only time will tell.
Did you get any settling, or were you able to adjust it down to a more reasonable ride height?
Now that you have had them on for a while, any new thoughts or updates?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.