Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some feedback. My KRX was at the dealer for some warranty repairs and came back with some big gouges through the powder coat on both sides of the frame near the rear axles. It’s not just a small scratching, it’s a 2” section that is all the way through to the metal. It looked like the axles were pulled out of the car and the car was pushed around with the axle splines just resting on the frame which just ate through all of the powder coat on the rear frame tubes. I’m not happy about it but I also know this is an off-road machine that will get scratched. I will definitely have to paint this section because it will rust. Looked for some feedback on whether I should let this one go or complain out it.

· Registered
509 Posts
what exactly, would you have the dealer do to remedy this situation?
Be professional & take precautions so it doesnt happen, Just like we use fender covers as to not scratch up fenders ect. If we did this to a customers car we would be buying a paint job i guarantee it!!
I would be very polite go back to dealer & show them see what they say possible they will do something or throw in some accessories ect. to make you happy.

· Registered
47 Posts
Be professional & take precautions so it doesnt happen, Just like we use fender covers as to not scratch up fenders ect. If we did this to a customers car we would be buying a paint job i guarantee it!!
I would be very polite go back to dealer & show them see what they say possible they will do something or throw in some accessories ect. to make you happy.
It's a small scratch on the frame,it's not a car and it's not a fender 🤷🏼‍♂️.

· Registered
4 Posts
I had an interesting situation when I took possession of my '23 KRX. After getting the machine home, and out of the bright sun when the dealer went through it with me, I noticed several scratches and swirl marks on the plastics in several areas. It appeared that when they tried to clean the machine up for delivery, that someone used the wrong product or a slightly abrasive cloth/towel. I called the dealer to discuss it and they first hinted that maybe I somehow scratched the unit, even though I had only pulled it off my trailer. After speaking with the owner she told me that I could bring the machine back in but they probably couldn't do anything because "they don't make enough money on these units to do anything with it". She also mentioned that Kawasaki wouldn't cover it. I realize it will get multiple scratches and dings from riding in the woods, but I sure would like to have done all those myself. Or, how about "we probably cannot cover it but we will get you this or that product that we have had some success with to apply on those areas". That's at least an attempt to satisfy a customer who just spent a lot of money for a brand new machine.

· Registered
509 Posts
It's a small scratch on the frame,it's not a car and it's not a fender 🤷🏼‍♂️.
Makes no difference when its not your machine & especially your money you must respect someones else's property, if you crash it or scratch it then its on you & only you to blame. I guarantee if your car truck got gouged scratched you would be red faced pissed off mad.

· Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
631 Posts
The owner of the should have the honor of putting the first scratch on his or her machine if it happens. It really pisses some people off including myself that someone else does it out of disrespect or ignorance. This is exactly why I never let someone else work on anything I have still under warranty. I had to fix a few problems that my KRX had when it was new due to the fact that it is hard to find a technician that gives a sh!t now days. I rest easy doing my own work as I know how it was done. A mistake can be rectified before the customer receives the machine back if someone really cared.

· Registered
807 Posts
Hmm, know I will catch a bunch of flack for posting this. Get over it sh+t happens, enjoy your ride if if your worried about scratches sell it. I am not one to get upset about much and I do not at all feel like anyone owes me anything for minor issues. I worked hard all my life to be able to retire very nicely with out any hand outs of freebies, never asked for or needed them. Too much good in life to worry about the small sh+t and look for a hand out for stupid issues. Read about it daily, hot coffee burned me I need $$$$$, REALLY to stupid to know it's hot. Sorry about the soapbox but just hit a spot over it now!. Ride hard have fun and enjoy life with less stresses.

· Registered
47 Posts
Makes no difference when its not your machine & especially your money you must respect someones else's property, if you crash it or scratch it then its on you & only you to blame. I guarantee if your car truck got gouged scratched you would be red faced pissed off mad.
Yes I would.My comment still stands. I would hope it wasn't intentional and it's a very minor issue.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts