Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I got this idea from another member here and thought I’d make a new thread about the remedy for other people to easily find.

I bought the whole set of ITP caps off Amazon for $40 and the weather stripping for $5 at Lowe’s.

You need to use the weather stripping to fill the empty space in the hub and hold the center cap in tight. Wrap a strip around the base of the cap at the lip and secure it with a zip tie.

Yes it looks funny at first when you’re looking at it from the inside of the wheel but the w/s prevents the cap from rattling and the wheel will torque down just fine. Then you’ll never have to worry about your center caps falling off again.

Here’s the p/n’s, and the final product. I forgot to take one of just the cap with the weather stripping applied. maybe the guy who originally came up with this idea can post his pic here.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,117 Posts
I was looking at mine today when I was rotating the tires. I think I’m going to put a bead of silicone on the inside to keep them from coming off. If I ever need to remove them, I’ll just peel the silicone off.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I was looking at mine today when I was rotating the tires. I think I’m going to put a bead of silicone on the inside to keep them from coming off. If I ever need to remove them, I’ll just peel the silicone off.
I had one fall off with 3 miles on my machine. Put a bead of silicone on them and haven’t had issues in the past 600 miles. I would recommend it to everyone that way you can keep the stock center caps. You will not be disappointed!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I did hit a rock and smashed one. But it didn’t fall off! Luckily I had some spares. Easy to replace. But if anyone finds some golf cart caps that don’t stick out so far........let us all know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts