Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Saw this in Costco last week at $200 and bought a couple, now they're on sale for $170.

Its a TV sound bar for home use, comes with a 36" amplified sound bar, a powered 5" subwoofer, and twin surround speakers.

THIS THING ROCKS THE KRX.

bluetooth, has a usb port for a memorystick of songs, 3.5mm aux in, RCA aux in, and a handheld remote control for all features..

First off, the display at the store said 96 dB sound level, shrug, yeah right......well I'm an audio guy who like good tunes and I'm blown away by the volume, clarity and frequency response. I've measured 108-110 dB in cab with a sound level dB meter! with full surround sound and acceptable thump from the subwoofer.

this is a 120 VAC powered device, so I'm using a 750w/1500w surge harbor freight inverter to now have 120 VAC on board for christmas lights and or summer blender
margaritas! Subwoofer fits behind passenger seat with brackets, inverter will get screwed to firewall

Dash speakers work great because I have door bags/knee pads on doors blocking door speaker locations.

Measured, the sound bar and inverter draws about 5-6 amps @ 12 VDC draw on the battery when cranked and thumping. I'll call it 8 amps, same as my light bar.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,462 Posts
No big deal you guys be hating, cheapest alternative in a real sound bar is $500-700

so you get half the sound for twice the price.

IT SOUNDS WAY BETTER than a solo sound bar too with the pod speakers on dash. more surround than just a pair of 6.5's in the doors.
I spent less than that on my complete system. 🤷🏽‍♂️ Pioneer head unit 2 6.5’s and 2 6x9’s. Spent $140ish on that. Later added a 10” sub and amp in a band pass box at an additional cost. Just not sure about indoor household equipment in an outdoor rugged UTV. You do you.

·
Registered
2021 Blue
118 Posts
I like the sound systems in my shop and house but will not have one in the KRX. I ride to enjoy the ride, the outdoors and being away from the trappings and noise of civilization. No distractions, knobs, buttons, devices or other fiddley farkle to mess with. Your results may vary, but I'd rather devote my attention to safe driving and situational awareness. Besides, with only one empty seat I don't have room to take Motley Crue.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I like the sound systems in my shop and house but will not have one in the KRX. I ride to enjoy the ride, the outdoors and being away from the trappings and noise of civilization. No distractions, knobs, buttons, devices or other fiddley farkle to mess with. Your results may vary, but I'd rather devote my attention to safe driving and situational awareness. Besides, with only one empty seat I don't have room to take Motley Crue.
i agree with this 100%...... the only place i listen to the sound system is when we're parked by the campfire, stopped for lunch, etc. i don't want to be that guy who is blasting his music all the way to the scene of the accident.....

on another note: this thread takes me back to high school, when we were broke so some of us used house speakers in our back seats for some extra bump...... 6x9's just didn't cut it back then.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts