Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was very interested in buying a KRX but the price is not negotiable...I looked hard. NO dealer will come off MSRP even though they them (2020) sitting on the floor. One dealer told me Kawasaki is not offering any help at all...no rebates etc. This dealer also believes there is no production at this point so Kawasaki doesn't care at this time.

I bought a Yamaha yxz with a very big discount and spent approx.. 5K less so I am happy but with a little help from Kawasaki I would have purchased the KRX. I saw somewhere in this forum dealer cost for a KRX is 12k...this cant be right or there would have been some discount....the dealer I was working with has four KRX and not happy about it!

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
624 Posts
If they’re still out there find a 2020. I picked up 2 of them for 16499 OTD each.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am in Oceanside ca but I shopped far and wide....No discount on the KRX. Very disappointed.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Folks in the know want a KRX because of the suspension geometry and other engineering details concerning stress points. They are willing to pay and, or, wait. From what I hear, west cost dealers are snapping up unsold east cost KRXs and are still not meeting market demand. No reason to discount.
Certain other UTVs (Talon and Yamaha YZX) have what many consider fatal failure line of force design issues with their rear suspension. There is no practical way to make them work as well as a KRX (particularly on hi speed whoops and bumps encountered in desert conditions). I'm a Honda guy and waited a long time for the Talon assuming it would be engineered properly. I guess the beancounters won over the engineers. Same with Yamaha. Both have awesome powertrains hooked to mediocre rears for what they cost. In my area I see a lot of very late model YXZs and Talons on the ised but almost new market.

I'm thinking the Kawasaki bean counters must have experience with class 1 and trophy trucks, or got told to sit in the corner and shut up.

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
624 Posts
I am in Oceanside ca but I shopped far and wide....No discount on the KRX. Very disappointed.
Well there’s your problem, first off if you can buy out of state do so. CA taxes alone is an extra 8-9k. Ridiculous. I did a quick search on atv trader and found a few for 17-18k. When I was in the market for an X3 turbo max, all the dealers in CA had them, reason being is nobody wanted to pay the taxes. And I don’t blame them. It’s crazy.

·
Registered
324 Posts
There are definitely still some machines available for less than list. That is a fact. Distance and personal circumstance make a out of state buy buy more feasable for some than others. I do this with construction equipment looking for buys in portions of the US that are economically depressed. The key is the discipline to be patient and a sharp pencil when factoring in transportation and uncertainties such as dealer integrity. Still sitting on equipment that I can sell for more than I paid for it several years ago. Driving and hauling myself made a lot the difference. It is a personal choice.

LOL.....I had no discipline for my pending KRX deal. Pick it up this Thisday.......supposedly.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I looked at AV Trader and sure enough a few 2020 leftovers. To Late for me...should have looked there before YXZ purchase although my experience is many adds on AVT are out dated. As far as buying outside of CA it really doesn't help . Example...I buy in Arizona I need to pay there sales tax and then when I register in CA i have to pay the difference between the two.

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
624 Posts
I looked at AV Trader and sure enough a few 2020 leftovers. To Late for me...should have looked there before YXZ purchase although my experience is many adds on AVT are out dated. As far as buying outside of CA it really doesn't help . Example...I buy in Arizona I need to pay there sales tax and then when I register in CA i have to pay the difference between the two.
CA always finds a way to take all your money.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was very interested in buying a KRX but the price is not negotiable...I looked hard. NO dealer will come off MSRP even though they them (2020) sitting on the floor. One dealer told me Kawasaki is not offering any help at all...no rebates etc. This dealer also believes there is no production at this point so Kawasaki doesn't care at this time.

I bought a Yamaha yxz with a very big discount and spent approx.. 5K less so I am happy but with a little help from Kawasaki I would have purchased the KRX. I saw somewhere in this forum dealer cost for a KRX is 12k...this cant be right or there would have been some discount....the dealer I was working with has four KRX and not happy about it!
As I’m sure you’re aware stock of all ATVs were wiped out this spring/summer and production is behind. Was fortunate enough to get in on the factory special of 2grrs off back in early March when the world was ending. Ended up closer to 4 off with dealer deal. Luck of the draw but know now Kawi isn’t offering much more than $350 off accessories until production and delivery amps up.

·
Registered
324 Posts
When I saw my first KRX in for service at our regular (as in doing business for 20+ years, sleds, bikes, UTVS etc. dealer), rushed inside to talk with the owner. My "I want, I want NOW!" was met with a sad puppy look and a response of "I got deposits on the next three.....if they ever come in." We chatted a bit about parts and supply chains and COVID has mucked things up in the power sport industry. Being a sales guy, he than tried to convince me another Honda UTV might be a good idea. 🙄

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I i will eventually wind up with a KRX in the meantime I bought a yxz ss se 17.9out the door

1 - 13 of 13 Posts