Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are locked and loaded and headed to Lake City, CO. I’m looking forward to putting the eS through its paces along the alpine loop. I may get a chance to give some feedback while we are up here but for sure will have a comprehensive report on the machine and aftermarket upgrades once we return.

·
Registered
2021 Blue Kawasaki KRX
41 Posts
I and my wife and two other couples will be in Silverton the week of August the 16th. Really looking forward to getting back to the area as we were there in 2019 when some of the trails were closed due to the avalanches. We went to Taylor Park last year at the end of August and really enjoyed the week there too. You all enjoy your trip and be safe out on the trails. :cool:

Reactions: Remote 8

·
Registered
641 Posts
Don't forget rain gear. We have had rain here everyday for the last week or so. It is enough to make things fire safe and green! Got several hours of nice wet last night.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Sigh.......rain. Seriously, it has been perfect riding weather here. Warm (Rain) showers every day to keep dust down and things green. Only problem is all the ÷#@$% tourists clogging things up :LOL:

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We had a GREAT ride today. Lots of KRX feedback and all good. Will post on my build thread.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aaaaaaand we're back. Good ol' TX heat here to greet us. This is the central TX I know and love. Had a great time in the mountains, several mud slides closed a few passes and roads though, so for those going/there stay safe!!

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
86 Posts
We are planning a trip to Colorado when my KRX arrives. Where are you located in central Tx?

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
86 Posts
We haven’t actually picked out exactly where we are going yet. We have never been trail riding in Colorado but have stayed in camp sights just south of South Fork and Wolf creek pass. We live west of Fort Worth

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We haven’t actually picked out exactly where we are going yet. We have never been trail riding in Colorado but have stayed in camp sights just south of South Fork and Wolf creek pass. We live west of Fort Worth
We stay in lake city. Lots of
Great riding there. Never rode anywhere else…

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,466 Posts
Look up Taylor Park for something new. Several hundred miles of trails to keep you entertained for days.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Look up Taylor Park for something new. Several hundred miles of trails to keep you entertained for days.
+2 on Taylor. Used to sled up there a lot. Sadly, haven't found anyone in our group that wants to go with UTVS yet this summer. They think it's too touristy and not worth the long drive of a whole1/2 hour. It will be wait till after Labor day than it never happens. 🤔

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
86 Posts
Are there places we are still able to ride from cabin to trail or did the entire state of Colorado put a stop to that?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,466 Posts
Are there places we are still able to ride from cabin to trail or did the entire state of Colorado put a stop to that?
If you are asking about TP then the answer is yes. Once you unload and park your truck, you don't get in the truck again until it's time to head home.

·
Registered
641 Posts
If you are asking about TP then the answer is yes. Once you unload and park your truck, you don't get in the truck again until it's time to head home.
Just got off the phone with my son who rides up there in the off season and does some work there. Answer is definitely yes....I got a 5 minute speech of all the places to go from the cabins. Disclaimer...this is from the TP Trading post Cabins Park and ride.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts