Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
That's epic 4x4 adventures. The owner, Joe, told me he has 2740 miles on them with them working great. Here's what he text me just a few weeks ago. View attachment 4574
I'm glad to hear that but it's not what they told me.I have a set of your weights that I will put in my new clutch when the factory ones go bad. I don't know why they told me they weren't holding up. Will these fit in the new primary that Kawasaki is using now?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm glad to hear that but it's not what they told me.I have a set of your weights that I will put in my new clutch when the factory ones go bad. I don't know why they told me they weren't holding up. Will these fit in the new primary that Kawasaki is using now?
Yes they will fit. The new primary isn't too much different to be honest.

·
Registered
208 Posts
My car only has 140 miles on it. I wonder if it would be better, for my clutch and pulleys, to change out to RCOR weights now? Is it the weights that indirectly cause the grooving on the pulleys? I don't really understand CVTs

·
Registered
2021 KRX
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
If i were you i would put that belt on now and save the stock one for your spare.
The pulley at the beginning of the thread looked like that after 800 miles of the factory belt. I replaced with a badass belt and 700 miles later it looks the same. Defiantly replace it and keep the stock one as a spare

·
Registered
131 Posts
I remember when l had to replace my factory clutch weights because my KRX was shifting like an automatic trans in a car. When l took them out l couldnt believe how bad they were. l then went and bought right coast off road clutch weights. I replaced my factory clutch weights at 2500 miles, I noticed that same shifting again lately like it did with the factory weights n since it just turned 6000 miles l did a full service to my KRX n also pulled each right coast clutch weight out to see if there was any wearing to them since l can feel it shifting again, These weights have only 3500 miles on them 1000 more then the factory weights and they are worn as well. I cannot believe a $20,000. dollar machine cannot put out better wearing weights. My RS1 has over 6000 miles n ran alot harder then the KRX ever was n never had problems with any part of the clutch. It cannot be that hard to come out with a clutch weight that will last a longer then 3500 miles.

l did take alot of photo's of the right coast weights when l pulled them out with 3500 mile on them just like l did with the factory weights The only thing is l cannot download any photo's n put them on the forum because my old computer doesnt want to do it anymore. l did have photo's put on this forum before of my factory weights but l had to text them to a member of this forum n he downloaded them on to this forum for me. And not sure which member it was.So if anyone wants to see these photo's u guys need to give me a number so l can text them the photo's for them to put on the forum. Thanks for ur help

·
Registered
131 Posts
The only first hand experience I have is what the mechanic told me. They had several pair and he said they didn't last any longer. My first set starting getting the shift bump at about 1200 miles. The 2nd set at 300. One of their rentals had 7000 miles on it.
I think the weights should last at least 7000 miles. The KRX isnt a high performance/ hp machine. l would be happy if they would last at least 7000 + miles n they should. well u would think so for a $20,000 ride.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
733 Posts
I’m at 1327 miles and 156 hours. I put 35” tires on at the 120 mile break in service. No other mods other than dealer adjustments to spring preload. I pull the cover and blow the CVT out every 200 miles or less. I did that today after the 160 miles from last WV trip, in preparation for the next. I don’t have any grooves on the pulleys. I blew out a token amount of dust, much less than previous times after very dusty rides. My clutch performance is still very smooth. Perhaps it depends on how you ride and what terrain. I’m a putt putt guy compared to most on full sport machines.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,299 Posts
I remember when l had to replace my factory clutch weights because my KRX was shifting like an automatic trans in a car. When l took them out l couldnt believe how bad they were. l then went and bought right coast off road clutch weights. I replaced my factory clutch weights at 2500 miles, I noticed that same shifting again lately like it did with the factory weights n since it just turned 6000 miles l did a full service to my KRX n also pulled each right coast clutch weight out to see if there was any wearing to them since l can feel it shifting again, These weights have only 3500 miles on them 1000 more then the factory weights and they are worn as well. I cannot believe a $20,000. dollar machine cannot put out better wearing weights. My RS1 has over 6000 miles n ran alot harder then the KRX ever was n never had problems with any part of the clutch. It cannot be that hard to come out with a clutch weight that will last a longer then 3500 miles.

l did take alot of photo's of the right coast weights when l pulled them out with 3500 mile on them just like l did with the factory weights The only thing is l cannot download any photo's n put them on the forum because my old computer doesnt want to do it anymore. l did have photo's put on this forum before of my factory weights but l had to text them to a member of this forum n he downloaded them on to this forum for me. And not sure which member it was.So if anyone wants to see these photo's u guys need to give me a number so l can text them the photo's for them to put on the forum. Thanks for ur help
Hulk, that was me that posted them for you.

Here’s the thing that everyone has to remember regarding the clutch weights in this machine. They are a wearable item, and will need replacement from time to time.

Now, the factory ones are weak garbage IMO, and simply need to be upgraded to a stronger set. With the high rpm’s of this machine, this is a part that takes major abuse, and therefore you’ll want to find a set that works with YOUR style of riding. There are a few different brands out there that have slightly different designs and “ramp” patterns to suit different styles of riding. Find what works for you.

I have the rcor set installed on mine as well, and I simply love them. But, I’m fully aware that they are a wearable item, and if I can get 3000 miles out of them, vs 1200 miles on OEM ones, I’ll be happy.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
265 Posts
Hulk, that was me that posted them for you.

Here’s the thing that everyone has to remember regarding the clutch weights in this machine. They are a wearable item, and will need replacement from time to time.

Now, the factory ones are weak garbage IMO, and simply need to be upgraded to a stronger set. With the high rpm’s of this machine, this is a part that takes major abuse, and therefore you’ll want to find a set that works with YOUR style of riding. There are a few different brands out there that have slightly different designs and “ramp” patterns to suit different styles of riding. Find what works for you.

I have the rcor set installed on mine as well, and I simply love them. But, I’m fully aware that they are a wearable item, and if I can get 3000k miles out of them, vs 1200 miles on OEM ones, I’ll be happy.
I would be happy with 3000k miles also, however 3k is more likely! ;););)

21 - 40 of 83 Posts