Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know one of the biggest topics on this forum are grooves worn in the clutch weights as well as clutch sheaves and a lot of guys are having issues with the shifting feeling only to find the weights are grooved and worn out on a machine without enough miles to even be broke in yet, So I was being pro active and decided to break apart my 2021 that has 500 miles on it and inspect the weights and sheaves. Here’s what I found. We are not doomed mine show no grooving and a slight bit of wear I don’t know if this is just driving style/habits or a difference from the manufacture but at least what I thought was going to be a problem isn’t in my case! All I can say is that I put a gboost belt on when it only had 10 miles on it wether or not that made a difference I will never know!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Your clutch looks good but if I were you, I'd go ahead and replace the weights with aftermarket. Some suppliers. Dynojet, Aftermarket Assassins, RCOR, Dalton, JBS. I can't give an opinion on which is best, I cut and run my own weights. I can say, any of those sources are far superior to stock. If you keep this machine for any length of time, you'll be back into the clutch dealing with the weights.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
733 Posts
Glad to hear it! I pulled mine at 1600 miles and posted pictures. I think you're right - riding style has a lot do do with it!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did notice that the KRX clutch and housing seems to collect more dust than the Polaris CVT machines I’ve had in the past I think I’m going to start pulling the cover and blowing it out every 250 miles or so.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have about 625 miles on my machine and the clutch still looks great. I did however change from the stock belt to a GBoost Badass belt and RCOR weights when it had about 200 miles on it. I also pull the clutch cover and blow out the clutch every 250 to 300 miles.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
206 Posts
That’s the best thing for these clutches!!! I’m on my 3rd set of clutches and I did that the minute I replaced them the last time. They have been great ever since!

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
733 Posts
I also blow out the CVT every 200 miles or after a big ride.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm not edumacated but seems like varying speeds would help lessen the grooving issue. Along with keeping the box clean and a g boost belt.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think the varying speeds is the biggest thing every thing I’ve read say the krx clutch is completely shifted out by 50-55mph so any speed between 50-68 mph is riding on the tips of the weights which is where they seem to wear the most. I have no plans of replacing the weight until they are either worn out or I change tire size but that’s not gonna happen until the stock carnivores are worn out.

·
Pro UTV Parts KRX
2021 KRX
788 Posts
The stock belt is very hard and wears the sheaves. Use a soft belt like Gboost and Dynojet or RCOR weights for better performance and longer life. I have them all in stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts