Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a dealer today and the topic of clutch grooves came up and the owner stated clutches were not covered under warranty. Anyone else been told this. I was under the impression that Kawi was replacing clutches with grooves.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,550 Posts
I was at a dealer today and the topic of clutch grooves came up and the owner stated clutches were not covered under warranty. Anyone else been told this. I was under the impression that Kawi was replacing clutches with grooves.
It can be portrayed as a wear item. It really depends on your dealers discretion. If it is within the 6 month period. I’d make them warranty it. I have a noise around 39-40 in my green KRX and they stated it was the clutches engaging. Have rode in others and they don’t have this noise. However it is documented on the repair order if it ever detonates or fails, it will be covered.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,298 Posts
They are, but...

If you have 5000 miles on your clutch, it will raise an eyebrow. But if you have a thousand, then they will replace. No clutch should be shot at low mileage. If your dealer gives you pushback, contact Kawasaki directly and get a Log # for the warranty work and give it to your dealer.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,550 Posts
They are, but...

If you have 5000 miles on your clutch, it will raise an eyebrow. But if you have a thousand, then they will replace. No clutch should be shot at low mileage. If your dealer gives you pushback, contact Kawasaki directly and get a Log # for the warranty work and give it to your dealer.
There’s no restriction on the mileage though. I mean I doubt someone will ride 5000 miles within 6 months. So theoretically they should cover it. But again it’s at dealer discretion cause this could be identified as a wearable item which translates into maintenance.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,298 Posts
There’s no restriction on the mileage though. I mean I doubt someone will ride 5000 miles within 6 months. So theoretically they should cover it. But again it’s at dealer discretion cause this could be identified as a wearable item which translates into maintenance.
Not saying they’ll do that much in 6 months, but possible on early models depending on how much they have ridden.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Not saying they’ll do that much in 6 months, but possible on early models depending on how much they have ridden.
Where is the one way bearing that fails on the early 2020 models?is that part of the primary clutch or part of the wet clutch?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was told that the stock belts are too hard and that is why the grove is happening could that be true? I have a pretty good grove in mine now. And I clean n blow out the dust from the clutches n housing every 500 miles. Still on the factory belt that came with it and just turned 4,000 miles.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Part of the wet clutch. My whole unit was replaced.
Part of the wet clutch. My whole unit was replaced.
That sounds pretty involved,I’m kinda confused regarding the wet clutch.I assume it’s inside the crankcase,or the trans.does anybody know where it is ?Behind the primary or behind the secondary?

·
Registered
136 Posts
That sounds pretty involved,I’m kinda confused regarding the wet clutch.I assume it’s inside the crankcase,or the trans.does anybody know where it is ?Behind the primary or behind the secondary?
Behind the primary

·
Registered
136 Posts
It must, that would be the only place it could get oil. Any wear that got in the oil should be caught by the oil filter. When mine was changed they couldn't see any damage with the bearing or the clutch but it cured my loss of grade braking. Kawasaki said that can happen. My machine was built in Nov 2019.

·
Registered
265 Posts
so any wear and tear of the wet clutch material is shared with the oil in the crankcase of the engine?
so the wet clutch is equivalent to letting ur foot up on ur super sport Chevy back in the day.only u didn’t give a shit if u blew the clutch up to beat that Ford or mopar.The material just accumulated in the bell housing

·
Registered
265 Posts
It must, that would be the only place it could get oil. Any wear that got in the oil should be caught by the oil filter. When mine was changed they couldn't see any damage with the bearing or the clutch but it cured my loss of grade braking. Kawasaki said that can happen. My machine was built in Nov 2019.
mine is an early machine as well ,has early style ft hubs and lower control arms.my machine is at the dealer as we speak to replace the ft end.been thinking about to tell them to replace the clutch.

·
Registered
265 Posts
mine is an early machine as well ,has early style ft hubs and lower control arms.my machine is at the dealer as we speak to replace the ft end.been thinking about to tell them to replace the clutch.
[/QUOTEit will be interesting what happens to the wet clutch when these guys start putting the supper chargers on these machine s.]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts