Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just bought my KRX and it seems a bit sluggish. I’ve heard about a clutch upgrade or bigger tires. Any input would help thx

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,116 Posts
Hey Dave. Plenty of options for making your buggy go faster, just depends on how deep you wanna go down the rabbit hole.
But yes, a clutch kit will definitely give a little more pep to the machine. A little piece of advice though, plan out your modifications in advance, you want to buy things that work well with each other.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I like the HMF quiet core with the Dynojet 5 turner.. no backfire, wakes it up and can get unplugged without a trace..
double check your throttle cable adjustment.. many are found out of adjustment and not getting full throttle..

·
Banned
487 Posts
Tune would be my number one suggestion.. I’m running a VFJ stage 2 and it wakes it the hell up!

I just added the dalton clutch kit and it’s ok.. it does what it’s suppose to but I don’t like the added noise. However, there’s not much choice as the weights wear.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I did a Vforce John tune II and it's the best money spent. pulls hard from the bottom and mid range. A buddy is on a waiting list for the next batch of ROCR clutches on backorder.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ecu header pipe and stage one clutch 20 hp with our header pipe and ecu flash
When I have run oversized headers on my dirt bikes and ATV's I lost bottom end. Any loss in bottom end with this header pipe? If we want to ditch the stock muffler, what muffler would you suggest to get a deeper note and lose some weight and heat?

·
Registered
93 Posts
MBRP is not a loud annoying noise, its a nice sounding exhaust that won't rattle your brain after a full day of riding.
Is it a deeper sound? Stock can be a lil I dunno how to describe it other then it could sound better haha. You didn’t need to have the ecu flashed did you? Any popping or idling issues?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts