Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

Clutch troubles at 346 miles on a 2021

5K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  jimmy 
#1 ·
I have a 2021 krx 1000 with 364 miles it feels like it changing gears at 25 35 47 mph any body having this trouble i pull the cover and the grooves in the clutch and the secendary

#3 ·
Did you actually feel grooves in the clutches? Mine looked like it had grooves, but it was belt rubber. I had the same issue with the slipping feeling. And I replaced the clutch weights and it was fixed. I’ve got 400 miles on the new weights and it hasn’t happened again.

#7 ·
Well when they look at the sheaves and there are grooves it’s hard to get away from that. I had a mess trying to get the replacement knuckles on my krx last year. And I got in touch with someone at Kawasaki finally. I still have to take it I for replacement. And they got in touch with the dealer. So maybe try that route. But you can try changing out the weights yourself. How bad are the sheaves grooved? It seems like a few guys have great dealers with a great service Dept. But most of us have shitty service to deal with. I wish Kawasaki would would work on that.

#17 ·
Kawasaki customer service call them and the dealer said they was send pix of my clutch today the dealer lied to them I called them now there telling me they ant going to look a my sxs to the 14 of this month it ben up there for 2 weeks going on 3 the supervisor said the lady at kawasaki can't even remember her name

#20 ·
Sounds like a mess. I would have my krx at home until they can look at it. They already know the clutch weights are junk. I’m so tired of the shitty service departments that we keep hearing about regarding Kawasaki. How is it that the consumers know more about these machines than the service departments? Makes you not even want to trust the work these guys perform.

#21 ·
i have the same problem going down hills letting the clutch slow me down seems to jump out and makes a screeching noise its under warranty problems with my gas tank to at 3/4 tank i try to put fuel in and it pours right out anybody have a problem with this

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.