Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 2600 miles on my KRX. About 500 miles ago at about 42- 45 mph I would get a feeling like an automatic trans feels when it shifts. 500 miles later it is happening in 3 different places. I called the dealer and explained the condition to the service manager. He knew what the problem was because they are getting a lot of them. The fingers that cause the CVT to shift have worn flat spots on them causing the feeling. They are chrome plated and when it wears off the fingers flatspot. They are 80$ each and there are 4 and 1 hour to replace them so it will cost 500$ to fix.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,246 Posts
Pull your cover and check for groves in the primary and secondary clutches. This is a known problem with Kawasaki and from what I understand, it’s covered under warranty.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pull your cover and check for groves in the primary and secondary clutches. This is a known problem with Kawasaki and from what I understand, it’s covered under warranty.
I checked for groves and the sheaves are fine

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Joe did you ever replace your clutch weights to fix this issue?
Yes, they were bad. Kawasaki says the fingers are not warrantied because they only last about 3000 miles. My problem started at 1400 miles so I called Kawasaki and complained. They paid for mine because they started to wear at 1400 miles. Here is what they looked like at 3000 when the dealer was able to get the replacements.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts