Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2020 krx1000
19 Posts
I don’t know that there is an official recall. As a result of the info on this forum I took my clutch cover off to blow out the clutches and inspect the clutch face for myself. I noticed the grooves on my primary so I had the dealer look at it and I just got the machine back yesterday. They replaced the primary , secondary clutch’s and put on a new belt on for me all under warranty. A big shout out to Brent at Belleville sport and lawn for getting everything done so quickly as we have another ride leaving this morning.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Can someone scan and post a copy of the clutch recall letter? Or PM it to me?
There is not a recall, but there are updates clutches from the originals. When mine started slipping I brought it in and explained to the dealer that the belt was slipping around 45-47 mph and there are grooves worn into the clutch sheaves. Kawasaki had no problems whatsoever with replacing both clutches and the belt. Your dealer should take care of you (unless you are out of warranty)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Alex, I put my primary spring back in and the clutch slips and sorta shifts just about the same speed as yours. It's like a slip then grab. The shift feel was at about 40 with the spring out and felt like a shift not slipping. While I was in there I blew out some belt dust but the primary sheave looked pretty good to me. Had like one slight groove near the top but thats all. Taking it to the dealer this week.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The other day I was sitting there and mine made a loud clatter noise and lunged forward and died. when I tried to start it in gear it tried creeping forward so I put it in neutral and it fired right up. When I put it in gear it lunged forward again and when I stepped on the brake it killed it, it was Obvious something was locked up.
I took it to the dealership and dropped it off ,they called me and said that the locking mechanism that keeps tension on the belt had come apart and boud up in there .
I asked if it was the clutch System ,they said yes and no they said it holds tension on the clutch but it is inside the motor.
Does anyone have any knowledge about this or has anyone had this problem?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Either the wet clutch or the EBS bearing failed. They don't apply tension to the belt, but the wet clutch allows the primary clutch to be stationary at idle, which allows the belt to be under constant tension, instead of a slip and grip arrangement.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What I'm wondering is if it could cause inturnle damage to the motor if the part that failed was inside the motor? Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
41 Posts
What I'm wondering is if it could cause inturnle damage to the motor if the part that failed was inside the motor? Thanks for the information.
Obviously I can't say for sure without seeing exactly what took place, BUT I have worked on a ton of wet clutch engines, and I would say chances of internal damage are probably slim.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had issue with clutch on mine as well. 7 miles on it and the drive clutch is making a ton of noise. Going to the dealer tomorrow
i just bought a 2021, it has 16 miles on it and was creeping up a hill in low dig and got stuck, backing down slowly, makes a bunch of noise and quits. clutch won't disengage! had to start in gear to get home,if you stop it kills the engine! thats my luck. WTF!

·
Registered
154 Posts
i just bought a 2021, it has 16 miles on it and was creeping up a hill in low dig and got stuck, backing down slowly, makes a bunch of noise and quits. clutch won't disengage! had to start in gear to get home,if you stop it kills the engine! thats my luck. WTF!
Were you in reverse when you were backing down or were you coasting back?

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
444 Posts
I received a notice in the mail from Kawasaki about two weeks ago..
Can you share a pic of that? We all haven’t received but can use it towards our machines. Mine is in the shop right now getting door replacements.

·
Registered
19 Posts
They've had mine for over a month now once they fixed the wet clutch they had a sael leaking on the belt , they are now Waiting on the new seal but the good thing is they had time to replace my lower a arms and spindles

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
444 Posts
They've had mine for over a month now once they fixed the wet clutch they had a sael leaking on the belt , they are now Waiting on the new seal but the good thing is they had time to replace my lower a arms and spindles
Did you happen to receive a letter like @Sherlock ? Looks like I’m gonna pull the cover off and check for grooves

21 - 39 of 39 Posts